PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Kiosk Batch Ripper Slowing Down

MusicMaven
04-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Began batch ripping last week @ ~6 - 8 minutes/disc. Starting yesterday it takes 15 minutes to 2+ hrs/disc.

Using Reference 13.2, bhoar's 1.3 Kiosk driver.

I checked the DMA-PIO issue (ran script and checked devices (Ultrasecure 2)).

Ripping speed showing high teens to mid 30s (same as when I started).

Only 1 mb RAM, but this is what I had when I started.

Any suggestions?

bhoar
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Began batch ripping last week @ ~6 - 8 minutes/disc. Starting yesterday it takes 15 minutes to 2+ hrs/disc.

Using Reference 13.2, bhoar's 1.3 Kiosk driver.

I checked the DMA-PIO issue (ran script and checked devices (Ultrasecure 2)).

Ripping speed showing high teens to mid 30s (same as when I started).

Only 1 mb RAM, but this is what I had when I started.

Any suggestions?

The DMA-PIO issue only applies to IDE controllers (or SATA ports running in "compatible" instead of "native" mode). It does not apply to USB or Firewire drives.

If you right click on the drive line during a disc rip, you can Show Ripper for that CD. That'll let you see if there are any bad frames requiring a re-rip.

If you need to check/modify options when looking through my suggestions, you can run the CD ripper directly to get to the options settings.

1. Have you rebooted recently?
2. Are any other programs running that weren't running before or were any installed recently related to disc copying/ripping, esp. those that might install filter drivers?
3. Are you ripping long tracks (> 10 minutes per track)? With secure ripping, long tracks can require a lot more RAM, which might be forcing swapping to occur, slowing down the process. Single track discs (e.g. 40 minutes or more per track) are especially likely to have this issue.
4. Are the CDs in good condition?
5. Can you retry a CD that ripped quickly before?
6. Were you using secure ripping before?
7. Are your secure ripping settings set to: C2 enabled, Cache of 0, and Cache Clearing DISABLED? If not, they should be.
8. Were you using ultra secure ripping before?
9. Are your ultra secure ripping settings set to something reasonable? I use: min pass 1, max pass 3, end after 1, do not vary speed, maximum re-reads 34.
10. Is accuraterip enabled?
11. Is the unit configured for accuraterip with key discs?

If checking/adjusting the above cannot resolve it, you'll need to generate some rip logs.

-brendan