PDA

View Full Version : Special search question: (contr.) artist -> album -> whole album

dvdr
04-23-2009, 02:50 AM
How can I do the following search / reach the following:

pick an artist, see what album he/she was part of, go to that album and see all titles in that album/play the whole album including the tracks, this artist was NOT in?
For example: search artist Anita O'Day, go into "albums". One of the albums she's on, is a compilation named "Jerome Kern Songbook". When I browse into that, I of course only get the display of the one title she's represented with on that album. How can I play the whole album / see all other tracks of that album other than remembering the name of the album, going back and doing an album search?
This search is neither working with artist -> album (of course), nor with advanced search -> compilation -> Yes -> artist -> album.
Any idea?

Spoon
04-23-2009, 03:23 AM
Not sure how you could do that.

dvdr
04-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Spoon
thanks for the quick reply

Maybe then, this is something you only could achive by programming that into asset - so this turn into a suggestion:
either
1.) please create a "search-element" named "whole album" or "full album" that lists all tracks and is not delimited by a previous artist search
or
2.) please create something in advanced search called "artist (full album)", that does the trick

Not sure, though, whether this is possible at all... But anyway: thanks for at least considering it!