PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt FLAC/WAV when streaming

brantome
04-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi

I've just ripped a CD to FLAC and was streaming it to my Archos 695 (and then into a DACMagic II into my Yamaha receiver), and all FLAC tracks bomb out after one minute, eleven seconds. The tracks play back fine on my laptop, and MP3 equivalents stream OK. Just dug out a WAV file and it bombs at 1:11 as well.

Loaded up another uPnP server (Fuppes) and it streams the lot OK.

Is there a limit in this version of Asset?

Spoon
04-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Try R2 Beta of Asset in the beta section of this forum, it had some fixes in that area.

brantome
04-23-2009, 05:39 AM
A step back maybe in that I now get a Upnp network error from the Archos when I try to connect. Reverting back to earlier release connects OK but still bombs out at 1:11.

Spoon
04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Will note when next coding asset - it seems some devices need a setting one way, other devices another, and most do not care for the value.

smited01
10-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Spoon - I recently downloaded Release 2 of Asset to test streaming to my Archos 605 and still have 9 days of my trial period to go. First problem, which is similar to the above is every now and then my Archos stops playing a track due to a corrupt (mp3) file yet those same files play okay in iTunes, WMP, etc. The amount of time elapsed varies depending on the track being played. Second problem, my Archos will not playback Radiotime although it can see my pre-set radio stations.

Any tips you can give would be greatly appreciated, although I don't expect you to have an Archos device to play with.

Spoon
10-28-2009, 03:07 PM
mp3 files are given out as is, it is the archos which is having troubles decoding them.

For the radio set the forced streaming option to another option, such as mp3.