PDA

View Full Version : Selective Play Improvements

Erunama
02-17-2003, 10:57 PM
Can you change the way Selective Play works? I am blocking out a lot of my songs right now, because I really enjoy listening to a certain band (or two). However, some of my favorite songs are being excluded because the artist is not ticked in selective play. What I would like to see is an option when you right click on a song in the MMC to choose whether to play the song or not. That way, I could have it play only a few songs from some artists, and exclude some lesser songs from my favorite artists.

What do you think?

BestRip
02-18-2003, 03:54 AM
Hi,

This can be done by using Selective play Artist and Preference. Selective play can combine all of its 4 selection variables.
In this case you should change the preference of your favourite tracks in MMC first (just click on the 5 stars on a desired position -default is 2,5) , then put Artist AND Preference setting to the desired values in Selective play.

If you play around with this you will find you can make just about any selection setting. To reset all 4 easily just press No selective play on each one. A complex setting you would like to save - use save and then load when you want to use it again. (When adding new artists to MMC they will be included in all saved presets).

I think Spoon has made a BRILLIANT selection tool here. :supersmil

Erunama
02-18-2003, 01:38 PM
I know I could spend a lot of time fooling around with the preferences, but I was hoping for an easier solution. Basically, here is my situation:

I want to play pretty much every song I have by Weezer (I have almost 200). So that is basically anything with 0.5 stars or above.

For the other artists, I only want to have my favorite songs on the random play list (so, let's say 4.5 or 5 stars). In selective play, I can only set the "preference threshold" to one setting, which would effect all artists selected. So, if I set it to 4.5, I will be limiting a large number of my Weezer songs from being played. If I set it to 0.5 or 1, I will be playing a lot of songs by other artists that I may not want to hear too often.