PDA

View Full Version : Error whilst running BatchRipper.exe'

computer-girl
04-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I am running Vista x86. I successfully installed the Prolific 2303 USB Device Driver, dMC R13.2, & CD Writer.

However, when I attempted to install dBpoweramp Batch Ripper Kodak Kiosk, I received the following error message:

"Error whilst running 'C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP\BatchRipper.exe'."

I have installed many other apps, so administrative priveledge should not be the issue.

Please advise.

computer-girl

bhoar
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
You may have to turn off UAC (User Account Control) in the users control panel to get the drivers working under Vista. You may also need to go to all five executables in the driver directory and set their Run As Administrator properties.

However, even with those changes: remember that the combination of the Teac drive and the Prolific USB<->IDE in the Kodak units do not play well with the Vista OS - it can take up to 5 minutes for each CD to be recognized after insertion.

-brendan

computer-girl
04-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks, brendan!

You may have to turn of UAC (User Account Control) in the users control panel to get the drivers working under Vista. You may also need to go to all five executables in the driver directory and set their Run As Administrator properties.
-brendan
Will this change for the next release of the Windows OS? (I think the new one will be called '7')

However, even with those changes: remember that the combination of the Teac drive and the Prolific USB<->IDE in the Kodak units do not play well with the Vista OS - it can take up to 5 minutes for each CD to be recognized after insertion.-brendan

Can & will this issue be addressed in Vista? Can and will it be addressed in next release of the Windows OS?

Also, I can select the following option in the properties for an executable: "Run in compatibility mode for Win XP SP2". Have you or anyone else tried this? How did it work out?

bhoar
04-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Just to clarify: there are two issues. I gave you a workaround for one: the UAC/error message issue. The delay issue can't be worked around other than by using XP instead.

Thanks, brendan!

Will this change for the next release of the Windows OS? (I think the new one will be called '7')

No idea. It's a bug in vista, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only hardware combination that has the problem, meaning it's unlikely to get reported to Microsoft.

Can & will this issue be addressed in Vista? Can and will it be addressed in next release of the Windows OS?

No idea. Maybe we'll get lucky, maybe not. It's not an issue with the driver for the batch ripper, it's basically a problem with Microsoft's USB or Mass Storage driver(s).

Also, I can select the following option in the properties for an executable: "Run in compatibility mode for Win XP SP2". Have you or anyone else tried this? How did it work out?

That had no bearing on the UAC/error message issue when I tried it.

And again, the recognition delay problem is unrelated and can only be fixed by Microsoft.

-brendan

computer-girl
04-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Brendan,

Thank you for your response. I have an Image of my system that has XP & batch ripper which I will use if I need to use the Kodak Kiosk.

Regards,

computer-girl