PDA

View Full Version : MFdigital cd9002EC compatible??

jar_uk1
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi

We had a cd9002EC at work lying around not doing anything as the printer on it gave up and it was cheaper to buy one of the new generation duplicators than to replace the printer and keep it on support.

As I need to rip my collection of about 800 cd's I thought it might come in handy, and after a little but of sweet talking The IS department said I could have it.

IS it possible to use this model with batch ripper? and if so could someone tell me how much the drivers will cost (if there are any currently available)

John R

bhoar
04-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi

We had a cd9002EC at work lying around not doing anything as the printer on it gave up and it was cheaper to buy one of the new generation duplicators than to replace the printer and keep it on support.

As I need to rip my collection of about 800 cd's I thought it might come in handy, and after a little but of sweet talking The IS department said I could have it.

IS it possible to use this model with batch ripper? and if so could someone tell me how much the drivers will cost (if there are any currently available)

John R

This might work, but only using one of the two drives, using the free amtren/discmakers driver I created (spoon has posted to the batch ripper download page way back when). If it does work, I caution against using with both drives, as the script for the amtren/discmakers does not have multi-drive awareness and you will end up with robot/tray collisions.

Also note that the batch ripper won't work with most old SCSI drives, so if the unit came with SCSI drives, you'd have to install and align replacement drives that are relatively recent.

I can create a driver specifically for this unit if you want, but it will cost $200 via paypal. Serial-based robot driver pricing is first and second drive are $100 each, additional drives are $50 each. Email me if interested. I have some of these units in storage that I can test with.

-brendan

jar_uk1
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
I did email you, but my connection seems to have been playing up so I am not sure you got it.

I had no luck with the amtrens drivers until 5 mins ago when I saw another post about some plextor drives ( i have PX-W5224A drives). I added the --olddrives command to the amtrens driver commands and I can now get it working through the one drive. I have just set a small batch working to test it.

I am still interested in you writing the drivers so I can use both drives, what information would you need from me beforehand (drives specs etc) If necessary I could set up the unit/PC with remote access and a webcam!

I hope you dont mind me asking a question about the lookups, I have seen a few posts on the matter, and I am still not sure. Are all enhanced lookups through batchripper (after the initial 400?) done on a per lookup basis or can they be done for an annual fee?

Regards

John R

LtData
04-29-2009, 07:41 PM
All lookups are done on a per-lookup basis, note that you purcahse the AMG lookups from Illustrate but you need an account with GD3 to get any lookups from them.