PDA

View Full Version : powerdrive units - batchripper compatible?

Greg_R
04-10-2009, 05:59 PM
I just noticed this product which looks like an inexpensive batchripping HW option -> Powerdrive (http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/thumb-drives-storage/b62b/). Has anyone used this product & does the driver exist for Batchripper?

Spoon
04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Have you tried the Sony XL1B driver? they were powerdrive systems and these new models might be inplemented in the same way.

bhoar
04-11-2009, 05:15 PM
Have you tried the Sony XL1B driver? they were powerdrive systems and these new models might be inplemented in the same way.

The powerdrive systems aren't related to the xl1b series cousins, those were called the powerfile, not powerdrive. I would be extremely surprised if these show up in windows as MEDIUM CHANGER devices. I suspect they are controlled using a custom USB API/SDK, but haven't investigated too far.

It looks like the powerdrive systems pointed to are made by DACAL, who have been selling disc libaries for storing discs only (with no drives). This is their first one with a drive. From the size as well as the rated audio extraction maximum speed, I gather the drive is actually a laptop form-factor drive. So it won't be very fast. That's all I know at this time.

-brendan

doc_benedikt
03-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Brendan,

are there any developments on the support of the dacal powerdrive in dbpoweramp that you might know of? I am surprised it is so rarely discussed here, as it indeed seems to be a suitable batch ripper for cds.

thanks in advance,

Ben

The powerdrive systems aren't related to the xl1b series cousins, those were called the powerfile, not powerdrive. I would be extremely surprised if these show up in windows as MEDIUM CHANGER devices. I suspect they are controlled using a custom USB API/SDK, but haven't investigated too far.

It looks like the powerdrive systems pointed to are made by DACAL, who have been selling disc libaries for storing discs only (with no drives). This is their first one with a drive. From the size as well as the rated audio extraction maximum speed, I gather the drive is actually a laptop form-factor drive. So it won't be very fast. That's all I know at this time.

-brendan