PDA

View Full Version : Disc recognized in CD Ripper but not in Batch Ripper?

fphredd
03-30-2009, 06:00 PM
Weird one...

Put a stack of discs on the mf digital autoloader (yes, bhoar, working again...for now), and ran them. One disc was rejected with the error 'Not Audio CD'. Put the disc in another computer, and opened CD Ripper. Disc recognized and tagged from freedb. Cleaned the disc a bit, ran the same batch again (for S&G's) and the same thing happened. Tried the disc in both drives on the MFD with CD Ripper. Recognized, with tags, again.

Any ideas?

bhoar
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Weird one...

Put a stack of discs on the mf digital autoloader (yes, bhoar, working again...for now), and ran them. One disc was rejected with the error 'Not Audio CD'. Put the disc in another computer, and opened CD Ripper. Disc recognized and tagged from freedb. Cleaned the disc a bit, ran the same batch again (for S&G's) and the same thing happened. Tried the disc in both drives on the MFD with CD Ripper. Recognized, with tags, again.

1. What are the Auto-run settings in cd ripper and batch ripper?

2. Does the problem also happen if you have the Batch Ripper set to Auto Eject - Manual Load?

The Batch Ripper's disc recognition code is different than the CD Ripper's recognition code. It might be a timing issue, if it takes those drives a bit more time to recognize that particular disc (for whatever reasons) and the batch ripper gives up too soon?

-brendan

fphredd
03-30-2009, 08:47 PM
Haven't looked at changing any settings, but i'm thinking it's the timing issue, because the disc seemed to take 'a bit' longer than most to be recognized.

Could be my imagination, strange things happen there... :D

More curiosity than anything else - until it happens again...unless anyone sees a need to track it down; I'm sure you have more interesting things to work on.