PDA

View Full Version : Any help with a naming string...?

HankScorpio
03-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Hey guys, as a dBpoweramp user from 2001, I've recently started using again after finding a batch of CDs I hadn't ripped and I'm having a bizarre naming problem that is driving me nuts!
Any help would be gratefully received... :)

I thought I had my string done as I wanted and it was working ok:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[[year]] [album][IFMULTI] [Disk [disc]][]\[track]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[[year]] [album][IFMULTI] [Disk [disc]][]\[track]-[artist][]-[title]

Giving me:
Artist\[date] ALBUM [disk if multi]\xx-ARTIST-TITLE.mp3

Which is how I like it.

And then yesterday happened...

An album with no date.
So I added what I thought would take care of it and replaced

[[[year]]
with

[IFVALUE]year,[[year]] , []

And this is when bizarre starts, a new album inserted without date and ripped gives:

ALBUM\xx-Artist[]Artist\, ALBUM\xx-Artist[]-TITLE.mp3
:eek:

Now... I add a date manually and I get back to my usual

Artist\[date] ALBUM\xx-ARTIST-TITLE.mp3

So if I then remove the date that I entered manually (without refreshing the disk), I get:

Artist\[0] ALBUM\xx-ARTIST-TITLE.mp3
which is close but no cigar.

The behaviour is consistent and repeatable and I realise it's probably down to the square brackets somewhere but that doeasn't explain why after adding and removing I get a more reasonable path.

And after all that, I'm just looking for a bit of help with formatting so that if I have an album with no date, I don't get anything date related in the naming string.
Standard:
Artist\[date] ALBUM [disk if multi]\xx-ARTIST-TITLE.mp3

No date available:
Artist\ALBUM [disk if multi]\xx-ARTIST-TITLE.mp3

Current full string is:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[IFVALUE]year,[[year]] , [][album][IFMULTI] [Disk [disc]][]\[track]-[artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[IFVALUE]year,[[year]] , [][album][IFMULTI] [Disk [disc]][]\[track]-[artist][]-[title]

Previous string that worked until no date (would be nice if this could be fixed) is the first one posted.

(apologies for the rambling post :D )