PDA

View Full Version : question about release [sonos specific]

crichardso
03-24-2009, 06:12 PM
does this support full album adding for sonos device by anychance?

Spoon
03-24-2009, 06:40 PM
We have sniffed a Rhapsody stream and can emulate the adding of multiple tracks - but (there always is), our emulation crashes the sonos hand held controller, rather than adding the tracks from the m3u playlist, it will be a very simple thing that is causing the issue, but we have hit a brick wall as far as finding out what is happening 'on the other side of the fence'?

crichardso
03-24-2009, 07:26 PM
ah bummer pesky controllers ;p anyways love the software man and appreciated the hardwork you have put into it defently beats wmp.

-Chris

cyberlewis
03-25-2009, 06:40 AM
Therefore, are we to infer that this functionality is not in the cards for Asset? Asset is truly great, just wish I had multi-add for my Sonos. :smile2:

Spoon
03-25-2009, 07:59 AM
We require a little help from sonos to find out what is happening.

Ratty
03-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Album Art also seems to be broken in Sonos. Interestingly though it shows up in the tooltip when browsing the tree. Is this a known limitation?

Spoon
03-25-2009, 08:43 AM
We know about this also, but cannot spy on Rhapsody (atleast the desktop client) as it does not send album art.

Ratty
03-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks. Odd though that the art *is* being sent for tooltips both for the Sonos Desktop Controller and the handheld controller? :confused:

Spoon
03-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Yes the tool tip shows album art, not hte main display (the sonos does not ask for the artwork)

Mike Harris
03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
It is very sad that Asset UPnP looks and works great in almost every way but the ability to work perfectly with Sonos at the controller level.

Spoon have Sonos not been any help at all. I know several of us have raised this on the forums, hoping that it would get Sonos to start talking to you.

I will make another post and hopefully we can get more people to add to it.
From the software controller Asset is quite usable, but most people would want to use either the hardware controller which is hard work or the iPod controller which does not work at all.

Still Asset is a great piece of work that has come from nowhere in a short period of time. Looking forward to seeing it develop further.

Thanks a lot Spoon.

Mike

Spoon
03-26-2009, 05:35 PM
We are in contact with Sonos, lets see where it leads...

Ratty
03-26-2009, 05:39 PM
I second Mike's sentiments. Asset is much appreciated, and it's a shame the shortcomings with the Sonos controllers persist. A simple script to feed an album's worth of tracks from the Asset tree into the Desktop Controller queue helps somewhat.

The lack of any facility for uPnP/Rhapsody in the Sonos iPod controller is a pain. Any suggestions of suitable 3rd party control points for iPhone/iPod which successfully play with ZonePlayers (and Asset of course) would be very welcome.

Spoon
03-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I have not tried but PlugPlayer on the iPod Touch / Phone, should be ok.

DrFink
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
We are in contact with Sonos, lets see where it leads...

Hi Spoon,

some weeks ago you posted that you are in contact with Sonos, concerning the better integration of Asset UPnP in Sonos - e.g. the possibility to "use" it via Sonos' iPod/iPhone controller (maybe without PlugPlayer).

Can you give us any hints what can we expect in the (near) future ?

Spoon
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Not sure about the ipod, it could already be implemented on that?

It was the option of adding an albums worth of tracks in one click.

DrFink
04-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Not sure about the ipod, it could already be implemented on that?.

Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).

It was the option of adding an albums worth of tracks in one click.

... and the album art thing. So, can you give us any hints if there is a chance that in the next Sonos update there will be a better integration of the Asset UPnP in Sonos ?

DrFink

Ratty
04-21-2009, 05:29 AM
Thanks for your answer, cause I don't have a sonos yet but plan to buy one, and I already have an iPod, so I don't need to buy the CR-100 to take advantage of Asset (when my PC is off).
I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.

DrFink
04-21-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm afraid to say that Asset (or any other local uPnP server) doesn't show up in the iPod Sonos controller. :( You just get the subscribed services such as Last.fm appearing in the top level menu.

I've not yet tried PlugPlayer afresh. An attempt a while back suggested it couldn't find the ZonePlayers, but I may have not had enough patience with it.

Thanks for your comment, Ratty :). But then it would be great to know if someone had tried PlugPlayer in conjunction with Asset and Sonos (and could say "yes, it works" :) ).

DrFink
05-25-2009, 06:13 AM

In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...

DrFink
07-13-2009, 09:51 AM
In the meantime I bought a WHS and the SONOS system - and tried PlugPlayer.
Like on Ratty's iPod, PlugPlayer on my iPod Touch doesn't find my ZonePlayer. At the moment I'm in contact with the PlugPlayer support to solve this problem.

The great thing about PlugPlayer is the fully multi-add functionality (add an whole album or all songs by an artist). But it doesn't support FLAC files, only MP3s...

BTW, I WAS in contact with the PlugPlayer support, but they couldn't solve the problem (because they don't own a Sonos system). So PlugPlayer works with Asset, but not with Sonos...