PDA

View Full Version : Why not auto-populate "End After?"

milosz
03-22-2009, 04:37 AM
I have the sony vgp-xl1 media changer and it works great with Batch Ripper - I am using it on Vista/64.

It would be great if Batch Ripper would populate the "end after n disks" field by asking the vgb-xl1 changer how many disks were present. Right now I do it manually, but it would be slick if Batch Ripper knew when to stop- it should stop after all the disks in the media changer have been ripped.

CiXel
03-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I had thought the same a year back ;)
http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p=74906&postcount=260

sredmyer
03-22-2009, 08:19 PM
I have the sony vgp-xl1 media changer and it works great with Batch Ripper - I am using it on Vista/64.

It would be great if Batch Ripper would populate the "end after n disks" field by asking the vgb-xl1 changer how many disks were present. Right now I do it manually, but it would be slick if Batch Ripper knew when to stop- it should stop after all the disks in the media changer have been ripped.

That would be rather difficult. The Batch Ripper has no knowledge of the changer...only the drive(s) specified. If you recall when you configured the changer, what you were actually doing there was specifing the command lines to be used by the "driver" CLIs (pre-batch.exe, load.exe, reject.exe and unload.exe). It is actually these CLIs not the Bach Ripper which actually manages the loading and unloading of discs into the drives.

milosz
06-28-2009, 03:37 AM
Well, when I start Batch Ripper, and hit RUN I get a dialog that lets me find out how many CDs are loaded in the VGP-XL1. So, Batch Ripper gets that info passed to it somehow-

http://lf.org/milosz/temp/batchrip.jpg

As you can see here, Batch Ripper knows there are a total of 4 discs loaded.

If Batch Ripper can display the number of loaded CDs in this window, why can't it populate "End After" with this number?

Spoon
06-28-2009, 11:47 AM
The screen you are seeing is the Sony driver (for batch ripper), which is not really part of the batch ripping main program.

sredmyer
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM
The screen you are seeing is the Sony driver (for batch ripper), which is not really part of the batch ripping main program.

Spoon,

I have been meaning to ask about this window. I did not used to get it...did the drivers (the CLIs) for the MediumChangers get changed? If so would they be automatically updated when I update the Batch Ripper program?

Reason I ask this is that I do remember updating the Batch Ripper (to version 1.2 IIRC) but I do not remember ever updating the CLIs.

Is there a way to not show this window? I personaly have no need for it. Querying the changer when it is full takes a significant amount of time.

Steve

Spoon
07-16-2009, 08:49 AM
It is in the CLI for our Batch Ripper for the sony units (not batch ripper its self). I do not think there is no way of not showing it.

sredmyer
07-16-2009, 02:31 PM
It is in the CLI for our Batch Ripper for the sony units (not batch ripper its self). I do not think there is no way of not showing it.

Has it always been there? I know I did not used to get it.

Spoon
07-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Our driver yes, someone else wrote a driver also, do not remember who it was though.

Spies
07-17-2009, 11:08 PM
It just so happens that I just updated my XP MCE SP2 to SP3, what was I thinking?, and now I no longer get the populate dialog box with my Xl1B! Now when I click Rip it immediately starts ripping the first disc without the dialog coming up at all and will continue ripping all the discs in the changer over and over again until I cancel the rip. Before when the populate dialog box would come up after clicking Rip I would simply click Populate and OK and it would rip all the discs in the changer once and then stop.

I came here trying to find out how to get the dialog back unlike sredmyer who did not used to get it and now does. This is very perplexing.

I really do not want to resort to reinstalling XP MCE SP2 just to get this feature back. Any ideas?

sredmyer
07-17-2009, 11:29 PM
It just so happens that I just updated my XP MCE SP2 to SP3, what was I thinking?, and now I no longer get the populate dialog box with my Xl1B! Now when I click Rip it immediately starts ripping the first disc without the dialog coming up at all and will continue ripping all the discs in the changer over and over again until I cancel the rip. Before when the populate dialog box would come up after clicking Rip I would simply click Populate and OK and it would rip all the discs in the changer once and then stop.

I came here trying to find out how to get the dialog back unlike sredmyer who did not used to get it and now does. This is very perplexing.

I really do not want to resort to reinstalling XP MCE SP2 just to get this feature back. Any ideas?

You can still use it as you want (albeit without the box) by simply selecting "Discs Ripped" and filling in the "End After" field with the number of discs in your changer. You will find these two fields just above the "now ripping" section of the Batch Ripper app in about the middle (left to right) of the screen. With these setting the Batch Ripper will rip the number of discs you have entered then stop.

Hope thiat helped,
Steve