PDA

View Full Version : Script to delete certain tag items from flac files

sredmyer
03-14-2009, 04:06 PM
I know I can add new tag items to a flac file with the following code.

Set dMC = New DMCSCRIPTINGLib.Converter
dMC.WriteIDTag FilePath, "TagName", "TagValue"

Is it possible to delete a specific tag?
I have not found any function in this library that looks like it would delete a tag.

Anybody know if it is possible?

Thanks

Spoon
03-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Off the top of my head, does setting "" for the value remove it?

sredmyer
03-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Off the top of my head, does setting "" for the value remove it?

Does not appear to.

It seams that this will just clear the value stored in the tag not actually delete the entire tag (which is what I am trying to do)

EDIT:
Well seems I spoke to soon...that does indeed work for custom tags. Meaning that it does remove non-standard tags.

What I am trying to do is remove the "Comment" tag as I do not use this tag.

LtData
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
How are you checking to see if it was removed?

sredmyer
03-15-2009, 08:59 AM
How are you checking to see if it was removed?

I am using the dbPoweramp Tag Editor. I right click on the file, in Explorer, and choose 'Edit ID-Tag' option.

Are you suggesting that this tool is adding the default tags to its display regardless of whether or not they actually exist in the file?

EDIT: BTW I can remove both the 'Comment' Tag and the 'Rating' tag with this dbp Tag Editor by simply clicking the 'Remove' link at the bottom. When removed this way those same tags do not show up when the editor is brought up again on that file. This tells me that the editor is not simply adding some set of default tags to it's display.

While this does work...It is not a very good solution for me as I have thousands of tracks I need to do this on.

Thanks,

LtData
03-15-2009, 10:27 PM
The "Edit Tag" window always shows certain default tags, which includes Comment. However, I believe that if you have no value in this tag, it is not written to the file, it is just there by default in case you do want to put a value in there.