PDA

View Full Version : faster rips

Unregistered
02-14-2003, 12:58 PM
Do you think a newer version will rip cd's faster? My pc is 700mghz (old I know) and takes over 20 minutes to rip a cd.

MasterOfPuppets
02-14-2003, 05:12 PM
CD Ripping in dMC can be speeded up a lot with the addition of the Power Pack (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc-power-pack.htm) (besides helping with ripping CDs the Power Pack has a bunch of other hidden goodies in it). After the installation, go to dMC CD Input and click on Power. Both the options 'Rip to RAM' and 'Rip & Encode at Same Time' save a lot of time when ripping CDs. However, the Rip to RAM option works better if you have more RAM, but even on a 700MHz computer it will accelerate ripping enough to notice the difference.

Unregistered
02-14-2003, 08:49 PM
can ou give an estimate on how much faster? and it won't burn up my computer will it?:)

Spoon
02-15-2003, 07:02 AM
It will smoke it ;)

Most of your time will be taking compressing the file, only a faster processor can speed that up, the Power Pack will know about 2 minutes off the time, doesn't sound too much when it takes 20 minutes, but if you were compressing to a fast format such as monkeys audio - it would take 3 minutes to rip a CD instead of 5 minutes.