PDA

View Full Version : Problem converting ape to flac

xdon
03-01-2009, 03:15 AM
I have some music that is ape format with cue sheets. All of the tracks for a particular CD are contained in one ape file. I right clicked on the file and selected 'Convert To' and converted to flac. I changed the que file to reflect the new file name. I use SqueezeCenter to play my music. I did a rescan of my library and the new file was picked up and the tracks showed up as they should. However when I play this music I get no sound at all. None of the tracks produce any sound. The player shows that the track is playing but no sound. I have all of the current codecs loaded. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Don

Spoon
03-01-2009, 05:09 AM
It is likely you editing of the cue sheet, FLAC has embedded cue sheets not external.

xdon
03-01-2009, 04:12 PM
SqueezeCenter supports external que sheets and not internal ones. I think I found the problem. It is not in the conversion of the ape file to flac. I did some more testing/digging and if I select the flac file directly from SC it will play but doesn't play from the album, artist, or genre menus. It looks like there is a bug in SC which I'll report on their forum.

I think supporting internal que sheets is planed for a future release of SC. How can I add the que sheet internally using dbPowerAmp?

Thanks
Don

LtData
03-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Currently, dMC doesn't support cue sheets.