PDA

View Full Version : Problem with importing/

cactusjack0019
02-24-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm new at this so I hope everyone bares with me. I'm converting my WMA Lossless music collection to WAV because not many mp3 players support WMA Lossless. After converting a good portion of my collection, I tried to import the converted files into Windows Media Player 11. For some reason they didn't show up. When I checked the My Music folder, all but a few converted songs had been deleted. I tried converting a few files from the same album again. This time I converted them individually instead of using batch conversion and I also enabled the ID Tag button on the Properties page, that seemed to work but I'm still not entirely sure.Has this happened to anyone else, could someone please help me out?

Spoon
02-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Wav files have very limited tag support, that is why they are no showing in WMP.

cactusjack0019
02-25-2009, 12:57 AM
I tried it again, now I can give a better explanation. As I said earlier, I converted some of my files from WMA Lossless to WAV, I tried importing them into Windows Media Player 11. When that was finished I tried to get the album art that was missing from most of the converted songs. After finding the album art and trying to apply the changes, large portions of the converted songs would get incorrectly labeled and grouped together in the wrong album. I've tried ripping songs in WAV using Media Player 11 and that works just fine. I've enabled the dbPoweramp ID Tag and Audio Properties buttons in the Propperties page, but that only worked on a few songs. Thanks to Spoon for letting me know about the limited tag support in WAV files. Is this problem a result of using dbPoweramp, is there a player that would be better suited for WAV files, is there a way for Media Player 11 to better recognize the dbPoweramp tags? Sorry for rambling but I'd really like to get this to work if possible.

Wayne
02-25-2009, 07:29 AM
Isn't the issue that WMP doesn't support tags in wav files. I'm not sure which audio players supports them, sorry.