PDA

View Full Version : Perfectly safe to use "delete source file"?

bjorn
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I would like to convert mye wave files to a lossless format. All of my music has been ripped with dBoweramp.
I tried to get an answer of the best way to do this in this thread http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=18341, but didn't quite understood the answers I got.

I see that I can use a DSP called "delete source file" when I'm converting.
Is this a safe way to do it and will I loose anything?

P.S. I'm not getting e-mail notification for some reason. Can someone check why. Can't see anything wrong with my settings and nothing goes to spam filter.

Spoon
01-16-2009, 04:34 PM
You run the risk of having the source files deleted when something went wrong (unlikely, but does happen).

bjorn
01-16-2009, 05:18 PM
Thanks.
If I want to make make a "copy" (convert) first to another location, what naming scheme do I use? I've used the default one when ripping, but not sure how it looks like.

Spoon
01-17-2009, 04:44 AM
Please rephrase your question.

bjorn
01-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I was thinking that before i use the delete source file DSP, I will make a copy of all the files to another location in lossless as well. That means I've to convert them, use another harddrive and be able to place them correctly with folders. I've tried this once, but all the songs of the same artist ended up in the same folder. I didn't get a separate folder for each album. So I need to know what naming scheme to use. Hope that makes sense.

LtData
01-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Use [origpath]\[origfilename] to copy your existing naming scheme.