PDA

View Full Version : Rejecting CDs - Can't Figure Out Why

gplatt
01-14-2009, 06:28 AM
I am sure someone has already addressed this, so I apologize if this is duplicative, but I have been searching threads for this and can't seem to find the answer.

I have an Acronova DupliQ and R13 (Reference) with Batch Ripper. I am trying to rip my collection to MP3 before selling it off.

When ripping, it seems to work fine with the first CD and then it loads and rejects the following ones until it stops. At first, I thought it was in the configuration. So I unchecked "Reject CD is no Metadata" and checked "Allow Next CD to Be Ripped if Same CD as Last". It seems to make no difference. It still keeps rejecting CDs on me. It says "No CD After Load". Sometimes it doesn't even load the first CD. I just tried it and it rejected the first two with the same error - "No CD After Load". Help!!

Does anyone have any ideas????

****I Just figured it out. Never mind!!! Figures, that I figured it out right after I posted this.********

Thanks,
Glenn

Wayne
01-14-2009, 07:19 AM
I am trying to rip my collection to MP3 before selling it off.This is not legal as far as I am aware.

gplatt
01-14-2009, 09:11 AM
Really? I didn't realize this. How can I confirm it?

Porcus
01-14-2009, 10:34 AM
This is not legal as far as I am aware.

Depends on jurisdiction, in the very least.

bhoar
01-14-2009, 10:49 AM
****I Just figured it out. Never mind!!! Figures, that I figured it out right after I posted this.********

What was the solution?

-brendan

gplatt
01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
I read up on the board here and it seemed like when folks had this trouble it was because the CD Drive was somehow captured by another application. I thought about it and realized that I was also running AnyDVD as a background process. Once I quit it in the system tray it worked fine.

bhoar
01-14-2009, 03:11 PM
I read up on the board here and it seemed like when folks had this trouble it was because the CD Drive was somehow captured by another application. I thought about it and realized that I was also running AnyDVD as a background process. Once I quit it in the system tray it worked fine.

Right. Any process (or filter driver) that might, even temporarily, seize control of the drive needs to be exited before running the batch ripper.

On the other topic, I'm not going to tell people what they can or cannot do in their own home, but...reselling CDs you have ripped and kept music files from is almost assuredly not "fair-use" and therefore should not be discussed on this forum.

-brendan

wackychimp
01-14-2009, 04:45 PM
As I understand it, the CD is your "license" to listen to that music. You can rip them to listen to them on your iPod but if you sell the CD you're also selling the "license" to the songs.

(I'm not a lawyer... this is just one man's understanding of the laws. ;) )

gplatt
01-22-2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks. I have decided to pass them on to my son instead of sell. Thanks for the legal advice.