PDA

View Full Version : Overwrite protection setting

jmyates
01-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Spoon - It appears that the [unique] tag is not what I am looking for. Other naming conventions are also not the answer. My quest is much more simple I believe. I was hoping there was a setting that would prevent the overwriting of a similarly named file. This is a very common occurrence in the data for tracks and difficult to find otherwise. There is usually an explanation on the actual albums that is left off the data provided by AMG and others. Things like (demo) (take two) and similar explanations. These need to be added and sent back to the providers to improve the data.
You should know that I am always working with the original work in front of me so I have that information and can help all by updating the data.
However, it is very time consuming and difficult to make sure all the tracks have unique names up front. The overwrite protection would be a simple and easy improvement that would yield big dividends.
Thanks.

Spoon
01-12-2009, 04:14 AM
When Ripping a CD does it not show an overwriting page before ripping?

jmyates
01-12-2009, 01:55 PM
If you have completed the entire CD ripping and you go back to rip the same track again there is an overwrite page.
But, if you are ripping all the tracks for the first time and there is a file with the same name created for a rip in the process it will overwrite with no notification. Your result will be one track less than the total and the file will contain the last instance track.