PDA

View Full Version : Extremely dissapointed

DS-user
01-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Having a computer that i put a conciderable effort to find good cd-drives for, i wound up with 6 drives that i am pleased with. They are of all kinds, scsi, firewire, usb and ide.

Having a lot of CDs to rip, I just purchased the reference version to obtain the batch ripper, and to my horror it seems that there is no way to direct each drive to a dedicated directory on a dedicated disk.

Is this really how it is, or am i just a noob with crappy patience and should go RTFM?

kretch
02-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Did you try starting multiple instances of batch ripper, and in each of them select just one of the drives, and create a per-drive profile? That should enable you to rip from multiple CDs into different directories

Kretch

Spoon
02-19-2009, 03:18 PM
You might as well run 6 CD Rippers, batch ripper is all about ripping with multiple drives pooled together to get the job done - as commercial operations do.

DS-user
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Not being able to direct the drives individually to separate directories quickly became a non-issue, when it became evident that just one of the drives i had worked with batchripper: The only IDE-drive in the system, a nec 3520.
Also being the worst drive of them all, my dissapointment took off to new hights.

Reading around in the forum seems to tell me that mmc1 and ide or sata is a must?

Which sucks, as the best drives i have are scsi and firewire. Will there ever be a version that supports this ?

When it comes to using more instances of the standard ripper, there is one problem that is above the others:

Starting a couple of instances and choosing the drive configs from the dropdown meny along with the desired savelocation seem to work. But the driveconfig dropdown menu becomes mixed togheter after a random number of finished discs, and when pressing eject on what you think is a certain drive that just finished a disc winds up ejecting the disc on the other drive, aborting the ongoing rip. Very annoying.

Help would be very appreciated.

Spoon
02-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Batch Ripper requires the CD drive support mmc1, which is a standard from about 10 years ago...nothing to do with firewire or scsi as mmc was scsi to begin with (before even atapi existed).

bhoar
02-21-2009, 04:04 PM
When it comes to using more instances of the standard ripper, there is one problem that is above the others:

Starting a couple of instances and choosing the drive configs from the dropdown meny along with the desired savelocation seem to work. But the driveconfig dropdown menu becomes mixed togheter after a random number of finished discs, and when pressing eject on what you think is a certain drive that just finished a disc winds up ejecting the disc on the other drive, aborting the ongoing rip. Very annoying.

Help would be very appreciated.

My understanding is that Spoon did some work to fix this a couple of revisions ago of 13.1, but I still ran into the problem at least once after the fix was released. So, spoon should consider this issue still open, unless it was addressed in the 13.1 -> 13.2 update.

-brendan

DS-user
02-22-2009, 07:31 AM
My understanding is that Spoon did some work to fix this a couple of revisions ago of 13.1, but I still ran into the problem at least once after the fix was released. So, spoon should consider this issue still open, unless it was addressed in the 13.1 -> 13.2 update.

-brendan

This would be very interesting to know, please reply Spoon....

DS-user
02-22-2009, 07:33 AM
Batch Ripper requires the CD drive support mmc1, which is a standard from about 10 years ago...nothing to do with firewire or scsi as mmc was scsi to begin with (before even atapi existed).

So that means that for instance my Plextor 716UF (external firewire), built in 2004 should work.

But since it does not, what could then be the problem?

Spoon
02-22-2009, 03:44 PM
716 have no problems, is it is perhaps how they are connected to the system.