PDA

View Full Version : Unable to read FLAC tags in Tag & Rename, mp3Tag, The Godfather or Jaikoz

lewisjsuk
01-03-2009, 05:57 AM
Hi guys,

I have just purchased dBpoweramp and I'm pretty impressed, it's not the most user friendly application, but it is the first ripper I've come across that ticks all the boxes.

However, I'm having a problem with the tags on FLAC files, none of my other applications, with the exception of SqueezeCentre seem to be able to read the tags.

If I open the folder with tagged FLAC files in any of my four tagging apps, Tag and Rename V3.5RC1, mp3Tag, The GodFather or Jaikoz, the files appear blank.

I'm using the following settings in dBConfig under FLAC ID Tagging:

Tag Creation ID3v2
ID3v2 Version v2.3
ID3v2 Text Encoding ANSI - (Also tried Unicode-16)

The tags are obviously there as SqueezeCentre is displaying the information, which isn't available in the file name, so must be coming from the tag.

Anybody got any ideas as to how I can make the tag info appear in these apps?

Cheers

Scott

Spoon
01-03-2009, 07:03 AM
>Tag Creation ID3v2

This is wrong, it should be vorbis comments.

lewisjsuk
01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
>Tag Creation ID3v2

This is wrong, it should be vorbis comments.

Thanks Spoon,

That's done the trick, with one small exception, The compilation flag is set to "1". It seems as though different tagging applications use different formats for this field, Jaikoz for example won't interpret a "1", it needs the value to be "true", but if you set it to "true" Tag and Rename won't interpret it correctly, it likes the value to be "1", whereas mp3Tag simply displays the value of the field! Don't know if you can suggest anything for this, other than request the JAikoz developers to support values of 1 and true!

The great thing about standards, is there are so many from which to choose!

On a related subject is there any way to programatically manipulate tags at time of ripping, i.e. depending on the result of logical operators on the value of a certain tag create a tag or set a tag's value to some value, or map a tag to another? A bit like you can do with file naming, if not could you consider this as a functional improvement in a future release?

Thanks again.

Scott

Spoon
01-03-2009, 02:32 PM
>other than request the JAikoz developers to support values of 1 and true!

You could tell them that of all the software I am aware of that supports compilation and flac the standard is '1'.

RE your related subject: it would be very complex. If you are a dab with VB.NET, or similar it is quite 'easy' to knock together some scripts using the tag reading:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm