PDA

View Full Version : batch ripper for (D8) Plextor drives

dragonian
01-01-2009, 09:57 AM
I have 3 ultraplex 40TS drives that I'd love to use with the batch ripper. If I set the read mode to D8 in the single ripper they work fine. unfortunately they don't do anything in the batch ripper. I'm assuming that this is because it is not using the read mode set to D8. I saw on another thread mentioned that they don't work because the setting would have to be global. In my case, that is just fine for me, as that is all I have.

Is there anyway to set the read mode to D8 in the batch ripper?

Spoon
01-02-2009, 08:42 AM
It should be global, does batch ripper detect the disc in the drive and get metadata?

dragonian
01-10-2009, 01:36 AM
It detects the drives... but it does not get data.. It just keeps repeating loading procedure.

Spoon
01-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Those drives cannot be used then in Batch Ripper (they are so old they do not report when the disc is loaded using standard mmc calls).

hd0
01-11-2009, 05:38 PM
Yes they are old, but still popular. Unfortunately I'm in exactly the same situation. I just build a DAE box using 3 "new" (factory sealed) drives of this particular model. After purchasing dpa I now figured that neither batch ripper nor C2 is supported :cry:

There is no hope to get those drives better supported by dpa, right?

hd0
02-02-2009, 01:38 PM
I'll take the silence as "No, we don't feel like supporting 10 year old hardware, which a few geeks use only." ;)

Makes sense from commercial point of view.

Still, when I compare the DAE performance of the TS-40s with the PX-755SA, which I use as a workaround with dbpa now, I feel sad. I have quite a few damaged discs the TS-40s manage to rip accurate, while the PX-755SA cannot.

Additionally gap detection is much more smooth (Yes, I still switch over to EAC to grab a CUE sheet after ripping with dbpa).