PDA

View Full Version : Baxter Setup

Sugar Magnolia
12-29-2008, 03:49 AM
Newbie questions. I'm new to DBPA and found it when looking for alternatives to Ripstation for the Baxter.

I have a Baxter that I would like to use with dBpoweramp and batch ripping.

I've searched and cannot find this information in the forums, forgive me if I have missed it.

Does DBPA support the reject bin of the Baxter, ie can failed or questionable rips be "rejected"?

Are there any limitations to using the USB Baxter? I see that there may be issues with firewire changers, how about with USB (and specifically the Baxter?

Are there any modifications or upgrades to improve the performance or relibility of the Baxter, ie recommended replacement drives?

Is there somewhere I can look to get recommended settings for the Baxter? I am going to rip to flac and want the highest quality. Quality is more important than speed.

Again, thanks for any help and sorry if this is available and I have missed it.

Pete

Spoon
12-29-2008, 04:53 AM
See:

http://dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

Rejected bin is supported, the USB on the Baxtor is not too bad. I am sure others will chip in on your other questions.

Sugar Magnolia
12-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks!

If anyone has any suggestions for configuration specific for flac and/or baxter I'd love to hear them.

Is there a primer somewhere for first time users? Or, is the better way to sit and step through it?

Thanks again, Pete