PDA

View Full Version : Batch-Ripper Suggestion: "Review&change-after-rip" lookups

dvdr
12-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Hi Spoon,
just started to work with BatchRipper and a MiniCubis. Saves me a lot of time, excellent software!

May I make a suggestion?
Of course, an automated lookup can never 100% cover all versions of discs, that are out there (though I am really amazed, how great things match!!), especially, when there are faulty entries in the databases (discovered already a few in AMG, when ripping classical CDs - from the 60 CDs ripped, 6 entries had wrong artists; when reripping them manually, I could correct the entries by a manual combination of perfect-meta-entries).
Would it be possible to store the provided Meta-lookup of all databases/sources for each CD of the batch as well? The idea is:when right-clicking on the finished rip in the lower window, there is an option, that brings up the perfect-meta-window, we can use when manually ripping, and we can change tags and apply them? That would help correcting faulty entries or combine entries from different databases in problematic cases (f.e.: titles are better in one database, track artist entries are better in the other one).

Thanks!

EliC
12-28-2008, 08:37 AM
Spoon's current agreements with the meta-data providers will not allow for this, but I agree, that something like this would be nice!

dvdr
12-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah, valid point - too bad. Hey, but maybe....: Even in Batch-Ripper, I can choose to do the manual "combination", which doesn't make much sense for unattended ripping. So this info is temporary available, maybe, Spoon could "extend" that "temporary availability" until the time, we close batch-ripper (even encrypt the temporary data, if necessary, so we can't access it other than once during the "lookup" after ripping...)