PDA

View Full Version : DB Power Amp Crash

dbpoweruser1
12-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi,

I have many Mp3's to convert from 328k to 192k. I am doing to slow option as I want a quality conversion. Sometimes it converts 5 or 1000, but it will crash saying it has encountered a problem. When the crash happens I do not send an error report, but if I click ok to the error it will start converting again where it left off, but the time remaing will be incorrect from this point forward. Sometimes to convert 500 songs I will have to click ok to the windows error message saying the software crashed 5 + times over several days before it completes. Somtimes the song that it is converting gets a pop put in it when the software crashes.

It does this on two seperate machines both running demo versions of the newest software. I need something that is very stable, before I buy it. I have purchased the program years ago, but it wants me to pay again to get the newest software.

Any suggestions?

Spoon
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
dBpoweramp Configuration >> Codecs >> Advanced and for ID Tagging (mp3) change to ANSI from Unicode. It is a known issue and will be fixed in teh next beta.

LtData
12-24-2008, 11:01 PM
If you have your order number or the e-mail you used, you might want to give this a shot: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/