PDA

View Full Version : Batch Ripper question for Spoon

sredmyer
12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Spoon,

I am trying to automate part of my ripping workflow by watching the folder where discs are ripped to, then moving any forlders which were not ripped accurately or securely (determined by scanning the extraction log). To this end I am trying to read (via code) the value in the 'Batch Name' edit control (as this is part of my file naming script). However I can not seem to get any value from it using standard Windows methods (IE. SendMEssage and WM_GETTEXT or GetWindowText). I first assumed you must not have used a standard windows edit window but when I use Spy++ I see that in fact the control is indeed an edit control. Interesting (to me atleast) is that even though Spy++ reports that the window is infact an edit control, Spy++ also does not show the contents of the control.

The question is, just out of curiosity, what type of control is this actually? Are you doing something specifically to hide the text? If yes I would love to know what it is as I have some projects I could use such a feature in.

Thanks for the great program.
Steve

sredmyer
12-23-2008, 10:01 PM
Nevermind I figured it out. Still curious why the control's content are not read by Spy++

Steve

Spoon
12-24-2008, 04:41 AM
Looks a normal text box, but disabled to me.