PDA

View Full Version : AMG and the Batch Ripper

KAMPEngineering
12-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Our non-profit organization just purchased R13 and noticed that although the CD Ripper says there are 365 days remaining for AMG usage, the batch ripper only says 36 lookups remaining.

Does the batch ripper require a commercial license or did the AMG activation work improperly?

I was running the trial version until now and did not seem to run into this limitation. Could it be that the trial did not uninstall correctly? Thanks

bhoar
12-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Our non-profit organization just purchased R13 and noticed that although the CD Ripper says there are 365 days remaining for AMG usage, the batch ripper only says 36 lookups remaining.

Does the batch ripper require a commercial license or did the AMG activation work improperly?

I was running the trial version until now and did not seem to run into this limitation. Could it be that the trial did not uninstall correctly? Thanks

There are two separate AMG licenses involved.

One license is for the CD Ripper, and this license is considered a consumer license. This is a 365-day license, the first year comes with purchase of the product and it can be repurchased every year for $5.

The other license is for the Batch Ripper, and this license is considered a commercial license. This is a per CD lookup license that can be purchased in packages of 100, 1000 or 10000 lookups for about 7.5 cents for each lookup. Spoon negotiated for 400 "free" lookups for the Batch Ripper as well, but everyone should pay attention to the fact that the count starts the first time you use it with the Batch Ripper, even in trial.

-brendan

KAMPEngineering
12-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the succinct and speedy reply.

Spoon negotiated for 400 "free" lookups for the Batch Ripper

This is what I was looking for. This separation is not on the main web site and is only mentioned in the forums (after a quick google search to confirm). Although I feel mislead, this program is at least more reliable than our old method of riptastic.

Thanks. Is there anyway that this detail can be posted to the website?

LtData
12-05-2008, 11:58 PM
The info is in the Help File for the Batch Ripper:
Active Providers

Sets which meta data providers are to be used, if the option Intelligent Meta From all Enabled Providers is enabled then all providers checked are used simultaneously and errors in the meta data are removed by cross checking results from all providers. Of the providers All Media Guide (AMG) and GD3 are commercial providers and charge a per disc look up rate, freedb and MusicBrainz are free to use. AMG can be used both commercially or uncommercially, when used uncommercially an active one year PerfectMeta licence is required and lookups are limited to 400 discs, after 400 discs only commercial lookups can be used. AMG licences are purchased by clicking the [ Purchase ] button, then create a new account, multiple computers can use the same account details.

GD3 operates in a similar manor to AMG in that an account is created (independent of normal GD3 commercial accounts) by clicking [ Acquire Username Password ], again the same name and password can be used on multiple computers.

The Intelligent Meta Data option (called PerfectMeta in the standard dBpoweramp program) works better the more providers are enabled.

Manual Input & Review allows the meta data to be manually reviewed before each disc is ripped, this review page can be displayed unconditionally by checking Manual Input & Review, or conditionally depending on meta data parameters (see the section Force Manual Input & Review).
While it is NOT on the website, it is recommended to use the trials before purchasing, because after downloading refunds cannot be given.

KAMPEngineering
12-08-2008, 05:18 PM
it is recommended to use the trials before purchasing, because after downloading refunds cannot be given.

I did use the trial before hand, but I did not read the Help file. It also was not clear that the number would not reset when I upgraded from the trial to the registered version. Using the trial did not indicate this to me.

Thanks for the citation though.

LtData
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Apologies for the confusion. I have now placed a thread in the FAQ section of this forum regarding this: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=84617*post84617

KAMPEngineering
12-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Thanks, Lt.