PDA

View Full Version : How to Disable Ft; from id3

sitrus
12-03-2008, 03:18 AM
Hello Forum.

I have a external harddrive with all my 800 albums on in wav format, and now i want to convert them all to .flac.

It took me 20 hours with the batch converter, but now im having a serious problem. I am a user of SONOS, and when i search for artist on the controller, the batch converter has named all ex. ("Dr. Dre feat; Eminem - [Title]) This is quite annoying, i want to be rid of it.

I can easily convert them all again, but what has to be done to be rid of the Feat; option ?

Is it the way i have configured the tag ? ex. [Artist]/[Album]/[Track] - [Title] <--- cant remember the line exactly.

Cheers

Jesper, Denmark.

Spoon
12-03-2008, 07:24 AM
If you look in the artist tag is it Feat xxxx? if so where did that come from?

sitrus
12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Don't know what you mean ?

The custom tag setting which i applyed, is like the string in my first post.. is there a way, to tell the batch converter that i dont want the feat; option in the tag.

Sonos sorts the artists after the artist id3 tag, and i think that dbpoweramp batch converter fills the tag up with Feat; if songs are featuring another artist.... i just want the albumartist ect. Dr.Dre not Dr.Dre feat; eminem.

Spoon
12-03-2008, 01:56 PM
This string:

[Artist]/[Album]/[Track] - [Title]

refers to the filename of the file, devices like Sonos do not use filenames (you could call the tracks 1.flac, 2.flac, etc), instead they use ID Tags, it will be the artist tag which has the feature, my question was how did that get into there? did you run the latest ID Tag Processing DSP effect (which has an option to put multiple artists as 'feat' to the title.

sitrus
12-03-2008, 06:15 PM
Oh, now i understand.

I didn't activate the DSP effect, i did the batch convert with no DSP settings on.

Should i activate the ID-Tag ? and is there an option in it to disable FT; ?

LtData
12-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Not sure where it is in Batch Ripper, but in the CD ripper, go to Options --> ID Tag and Meta --> Options, then uncheck "Detect Multi-Artist from &, ft, feat".