PDA

View Full Version : dBpowerAMP Audio Player Release 2 Beta 11

Spoon
02-05-2003, 05:24 PM
Just added Gapless playback and a better EQ based on Naoki Shibatas EQ. I am not 100% happy on gapless certain lossy formats can have milli second jumps occationally, I will track it down for Beta 12 (final before release).

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpowerAMP-r2beta11.exe

1.9MB

Version Highlights: Gapless playback. improved EQ. Compatible with keyboard Play, Stop, etc buttons. Fully customisable keyboard control, both locally and globally (from other programs). Plays Audio CDs. My Music Collection automatically links into the MusicMoz database!

Fully cusomizable keyboard control (including control from other applications) of dAP - Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Configuration >> Keyboard Control

Ogg Vorbis included as standard

Fully Audio CD Compatible - dAP can be configured through 'dAP Install Options' to automatically play an audio CD and fetch the deatils of said CD from freedb.

Amp - Gapless playback, a surpise last minute addition, switch on dAP Menu >> Multiplayer >> Gapless, set a latency for your sound card - I got 80 mS from my card by switching gappless on with 0mS and record the output, then measued in Waveeditor - use WaveOutput not directX
Amp - New graphic equalizer - using Naoki Shibatas SuperEQ code
Amp - Increased Popup info time for Amp Playing labels to 2 seconds
Amp - Open button sorts the list of files adding so they are played in order
Amp - can now pass filenames on command line to amp.exe and they will play
Amp - Default Skin - Artist, Track and Album are now Bold
Amp - Displays realtime bitrate for VBR mp3s and OGG
Amp - Custom font handling updated (credit to Bengt Strom)

dAP Config - when associating dAP with cda files dAP is audio set to active CD Playing program.

Added WM_APPCOMMAND which means those Play, Stop Pause buttons on your keyboard should work (Windows NT/2000/XP only)
MMC - Added a 'Selected Tracks' button at the top
MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to 'Rewrite ID Tag, writes information held in dAP over the ID tag in files)
MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to open explorer at the track location
MMC - Remembers column sizes
MMC - When creating a playlist for selected tracks - mouse is changed to hour glass
MMC - New Forum 'Music Collection >> Preferences'
MMC - Preferences - Option to switch off popup info tips
MMC - When add new music, the music is included/excluded to active play control
MMC - Column sorts like Windows Explorer
MMC - added smart 2nd sorting (click on Album to see in action) also an option to sort 2ndary on your choice
MMC - Column order can be set and columns switched off in Collection >> Preferences
MMC - if right click on track and has an album name - gives the option to PLAY ALBUM
MMC - When selective play is active, shows how many tracks are included in selective play
Amp - made the random selector, more random (Thanks dsieber)
MMC - If right click on a single track then shows 'View MusicMoz web page'
MMC - 'Refresh from Tag' also refreshs file info such as bitrate, size
MMC - if is already shown and click mmc on amp then switches to existing
MMC - when is clicked on AMP or Menu then does not remember the minimise setting
MMC - Displays selective play name at the top
MMC - If cannot save music collection - shows a message and asks to retry
MMC - Added a 'Default Columns' button to set the shown MMC columns back to factory setting
MMC - Remembers Artist in find box when drop down is selected
MMC - Search has a 'Search Selection Menu' so it is possible to exclude each feild individually. Example: search just under albums, or artists.

Right Click on Folder >> Play/Enque - will now recurse and search sub-folders too if option on MMC Pref page is set
Playlist Editor - if drop a playlist on to the editor it is now edited
Playlist Editor - Displays artist in bold
Playlist Editor - Shows Hourglass when adding lots of tracks
Playlist Editor - Auto track number position routine improved

Previously Played - Artist now shown in bold

Menu - Skins - Alphabetically sorts skin list
DirectX Output - volume adjustment so scale works better

BUG Fix - If a skin is set to Top most and a sub skin wasn't, dAP will now display them
BUG Fix - If slide out the 'Mini On Screen Control' then close it, the slide out bit used to stay on the screen
BUG Fix - For MMC - right click 'Edit Tag' >> Details, now has a vertical scrollbar
BUG FIX - MMC - will now load after amp has exited (previously it would flicker on the screen and unload)
BUG FIX - MMC - Speeded up track list drawing, also fixed a drawing bug
Bug Fix - Stopped the 'New Track Lookup' whilst editing tags
Bug Fix - Popup InfoTip - for large playlists, only first 50 entries are looked at
Bug Fix - Playlist & Previously played, switched font to a multilingual one - also changed icons
bug fix - m3u Playlists in Unix style can now be edited
bug fix - hidden skin objects (Font, Image and Eq Positions) stopped the main window from dragging if clicked in them
Bug Fix - Tooltips no longer get in the way when a button is right at the top of the screen
Bug Fix - ZOrder works again (should)
Bug Fix - if had a small sub window on a main window and dragged main window small sub window would snap to edges of main window
Bug Fix - When saving tags, read only files are set to writable
Bug Fix - unknown file types and bwf wave files are sent through mp3 decoder
Bug Fix - Recycle bins are not searched when adding drives
Bug Fix - Fixed a lockup that could occur on certain skins (thanks Narler for tracking it down)
Bug Fix - Previously Played displayed Foreign characters

TURBO
02-05-2003, 06:26 PM
Good move with the equalizer. Dap Sounds a lot better!. Next to be perfect would be ASIO support. Hii,hiiii.:D

Spoon
02-05-2003, 06:58 PM
I intend to have a blitz on > 2 channel stuff once it becomes more widespread, ASIO will be added.

MODatic
02-05-2003, 08:57 PM
OMG, you implemented Shibatch EQ!!! Been secretly hoping for that one. Good work. Now to download and have a fiddle ;)

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2003, 09:49 PM
dAP does it again! Now instead of reaching all the way over to my speaker a foot away from me to adjust the bass/treble knobs, I can simply change the equalizer with a few clicks! Works like a friggin charm! Can't wait til release 2.

Razgo
02-06-2003, 12:05 AM
wholly cows~~!! EQ lives!! :D :thumbup: nice one Spoon.

MODatic
02-06-2003, 02:09 AM
Gapless and EQ work a treat on the MP3 & OGG files I've tried. The only problem I've been having is skin buttons disappearing when a dialogue covers them then uncovers them. Hovering over the buttons or minimising DAP fixes the buttons. This is something that's been affecting me since the last beta. I did a full uninstall and reg key purge before installing this latest beta.

A picture of DAP with the missing buttons can be seen below:
http://modatic.net/hotlinked/dapa.png

Spoon
02-06-2003, 04:10 AM
It has always had that bug - I tried to refresh but it didn't seem to work :( I will have another look at it one day.

MODatic
02-06-2003, 05:58 AM
Well I've only had it since last beta. Time to wipe everything and do a complete reinstall of dMC I guess.

Has anything changed in the default skin recently? I always use the open button more than mmc and that opens the dialogue over the buttons. It couldn't have slipped me for that long and then me only notice now.

BestRip
02-20-2003, 05:05 AM
:thumbup:
Never used the Equalizer erlier, but now it stays on... Great work!

Is there a simpler way to determine what the gap is? I have a Pioneer DVD-105 drive and a Plextore PX-W2410A and I have ripped from them booth, will they have created different gaps? or where does the gap come from?

Spoon
02-20-2003, 01:06 PM
The gap is not from ripping (although if not set correctly there could be as much as a 700 smaple gap - 1 millisecond?), but rather the latency of your sound card - if you can record from your sound card record whilst dAP is set to gapless with 0 ms latency and you can then look at the recorded data for the correct gap.

jonathon
02-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Hope you can get this into Rel 2: I understand the player will automatically play an audio CD when inserted and go to the on-line freedb database to get the track names, etc. Please have it check the cdplayer.ini file first before going on-line to see if the info is there. This will save time and prevent overwriting the cdplayer.ini file if the info is already there.

Thanks, jonathon

Joseph
02-23-2003, 01:22 AM
Whatever priority you have your PowerPack set on makes the Amp program have that same priority, I use High when encoding files, but it also makes DBpoweramp at High priority for just playing music. (not a big issue though)

Spoon
02-23-2003, 07:38 AM
>but it also makes DBpoweramp at High priority for just playing music

dAP has certain parts (threads) set to high priority - such as audio rendering, other parts are normal.

Spoon
03-04-2003, 06:02 PM
New and final beta release tomorrow, Release 2 has taken ages to create...

Alair
03-05-2003, 02:24 PM
the amp progam completely takes over my keyboard multimedia buttons, rather than when you press volume up, naturally the volume should go up, instead it controls the wav/mp3 volume, not the main volume. and when amp is shut down, the volume buttons do not work at all

Spoon
03-05-2003, 04:07 PM
>wav/mp3 volume

Try selecting the other output To method in Options Menu.

Unregistered
03-05-2003, 04:35 PM
I have noticed that V1 and the V2 B11 release appear to cycle across the same song lists in random play mode. The cycle is relatively long (20-30 songs) and is not completely identical, but there seems to be a locus. There appears to be a problem with the randomization logic.

No reply expected. Thanks for a great product.

Spoon
03-05-2003, 06:41 PM
Are you sure no selective play is on? The randomization was made much more in Release 2.

Anyhow, this beta has been replaced by the final one.