PDA

View Full Version : .wavs and first track

crispy
10-19-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm considering purchasing the product, but I'm having an issue when batch converting .wav files, and maybe someone can fill me in.

I've ripped all my CD's to .wav files for archival purposes, and I now want them in MP3 format to throw onto my iPod, however when I select the directory of the album I want converted - the first track always produces 'Unknown Artist' and 'Unknown Track' errors.

Is this because I'm running the 'Trial Version' ? (ie. will this 'go away' when I make my purchase ? )

It's not clear to me as to whether or not there are any limitations to the 'Trial Version' , but from what I've been able to Google, there isn't any restrictions.

The version I'm running is the latest, as I just downloaded this yesterday from the website.

Spoon
10-19-2008, 08:56 AM
No, trial has no limitations, perhaps the first file has no ID tags.

crispy
10-19-2008, 09:01 AM
OK - thanks, I'll look into this further by doing some testing.

Weird, as all the subsequent tracks (for example 02 - 10) have the information .

I did use Windows Media Player to extract the .wavs so maybe that's an issue.

Thanks for the quick response ....

Crispy

crispy
10-19-2008, 09:12 AM
OK - just FYI, I think I know what the issue is.

When I first start my Rip to WAV, the tracks are not as yet populated by the information (ie. Track 01, Track 02 are displayed) - however DURING the rip process, it then gets populated with the track information.

I guess it's how Windows Media Player handles writing the track info to the file, subsequent to being ripped.

(Methinks this will be ugly for me to fix.)

Thanks ...

Crispy