PDA

View Full Version : adding a playlist before burn ???? great program

sanboy
02-01-2003, 12:15 PM
First i would like to say i downloaded the ripper ( converter ) program because every where i looked it seemed it had a great user rating ... and i must say it works awsome ..........
i really like the window integration that it give's you .......i cant see the program slowing me down or anything ....

so then i downloaded the Cd writer program ..as i was so impressed with the converter ....my question is this .. please mind me if i sound stupid and am asking a dumb question

I use Windows Media PLayer to create playlists...........
then i want to use your program to burn the disk's

when i go to select the playlist to burn ( convert and then burn )
it says unable to support and something about codec .. now i am no brain-child but i have no idea what codec is what

so basically my question is
is there a way to import my Windows Media PLayer 9 playlists over to your cd writer program .. rather than having to select my mp3 file and then go up and down the list selecting certain songs ...

thanx again for the awsome program

Spoon
02-01-2003, 01:19 PM
Not quite sure what is happening, try it again please and make an exact note of the error.

sanboy
02-01-2003, 01:25 PM
i make my playlists with win media player * 9

i open the Cd writer program
and then from the list on the right .. i select my playlist and select the playlist that is saved from winmedia player *9
then i try and put those songs over to the left part of the program

this comes up
Unknown file type '.wpl'. Support for this file type might be downloaded - visit www.dbpoweramp.com >> Downloads >> Codec Central

when you go to make a disk with your program .......
you acn drag or just select the file ( song ) out of all the files you have .. then the program converts it and puts it on the left side of the screen ( ready to burn )

what i am asking is there a way to bring over a already saved playlist from win media player * 9

Spoon
02-02-2003, 07:36 AM
>Unknown file type '.wpl'

Ah right, wpl files are special Windows Media Player Playlist files, until your message I didn't know they existed!, I will look to add support in a newer version.

sanboy
02-02-2003, 09:48 AM
Thanx .........

it is almost un-heard of a developer taking the interest and time like you seem to do with your product.

thank you very much

Unregistered
05-18-2003, 02:38 AM
I would love to be able to use your program to convert all of my files over to a size / bitrate that makes it so that my portable device doesn't try to compress them before copying.

Would be so much faster if your program supported .WPL, then I could just point it at the playlist of all my music files and let it think about that all night...

Spoon
05-18-2003, 11:53 AM
I can see it being added fairly soon (as long as I remember to do it), at the same time I am adding CUE sheet support to dMC.

Unregistered
10-14-2004, 10:29 AM
Just found the same problem with m3u and pls playlists (ie missing codecs). Having created a playlist of the files I want to burn I would like to to be able to import this into DCW so I don't have to select all the individual files. Is there any chance you will add this feature?

Spoon
10-14-2004, 05:35 PM
The latest beta version of dCW can handle playlists.