PDA

View Full Version : Bug-files selected on a resorted BatchConverter "List" page passed back to BC wrong

jpgreen3
09-24-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm using the "list" screen within Batch Converter (DMCFileSelector.exe R13) to select files that have a blank "Album Artist" tag. I've reconfigured the "List" display to show the tags Album, Artist, Album Artist, Track, Title and others.
What I did:
1. Select a directory structure (3825 files)
2. Click "List" button
3. On the list display, click the Album Artist heading to sort the list by that field.
4. Use "Uncheck All" to de-select all files.
5. click the top entry to highlight it.
6. Scroll down to the last blank "album artist" entry, and shift-click it to select the whole range of blank "Album Artist" files.
7. Click a check box for one of the selected files to cause all the highlighted files to be checked for processing.
8. Click OK to return to the main Batch Converter interface.
9. On the main Batch Converter interface I expanded directories to see which files were selected. Instead of the somewhat randomly placed selections I expected, Only the top files in Batch Converter's default sort order (i.e. the directory hierarchy order) were selected. In an earlier attempt I had simply run the conversion with the ID Tag Update utility codec to map the contents of Artist into "Album Artist" only to discover that most of my selected blank Album Artist fields were still blank.

Am I attempting something that is not supported? Is there a work around?

Spoon
09-25-2008, 05:28 AM
Try R13.1 in the beta section please (might have corrected this issue).

jpgreen3
09-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I installed the v13.1 beta, which in my test still ended up selecting the top files in the default directory-order Batch Converter list, rather than the files I had selected after sorting "List" in "Album Artist" order.

Testing for a work-around, after selecting and marking the blank "Album Artist" files, I clicked on the Path column to resort "List" in that order before OKing back to Batch converter. In this test, Batch Converter marked a different set of files for processing but still the wrong ones.

As others have noted, the v13.1 beta has a warning ("functions until 11 2008"), but I've not seen a clarification. How about updating the top of your post

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=17165

immediately after the "don't uninstall, just install the beta over the registered version, in order to keep your status as a registered version" warning
to clarify that yes, the beta version will stop working on such-and-such a date even if you are registered (if that's what's so), so users will know exactly what to expect, and what they will need to do when the beta stops working.

LtData
09-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Done: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost.php?p=79335&postcount=1

Spoon
09-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I will mark as a bug to look at for R13.2

ektorbarajas
10-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Hi Spoon. I also have the same issue with reference 13.

I know that as you posted you will work on a fix for the upcoming dbpoweramp 13.2, but in the meanwhile, is there a workaround or a fix? perhaps a patch?

I have 4000+ mp3 files on my computer and want to sort them with bitrate so that I can convert all the ones that has >192 Kbps to 192 kbps and since batch converter doesn't keeps my selected files I have to do it manually with each folder on my drive !

Thanks and regards
Hector

Spoon
10-25-2008, 06:17 AM
As soon as there is a fix it will go to beta.

jpgreen3
02-20-2009, 02:26 PM
This issue has been addressed in Version 13.2:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?p=87142*post87142