PDA

View Full Version : "ID Tag Proccessing", not adding FLAC tag

larrytru
09-10-2008, 06:10 PM
Hello,

I'm using Multi encoder to encode to both FLAC and MP3 (LAME). In the settings for both codecs, I invoke the "ID Tag Processing" DSP and configure it to add a "comment" tag with a specific value. This results in MP3 files which had the Commnet tag I want, but the comment (description) tag of the FLAC files are empty.

Any idea why its not working? I've tried specifying "Comment", "Description", and "DESCRIPTION" as the tag title, but the results are the same.

Thanks,

Larry

Spoon
09-12-2008, 01:49 PM
The dsp should be applied to both mp3 and flac seperately (in the encoder section there is a dsp section for each encoder).

larrytru
09-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I didn;t make it clear, but I am alreayd doing that. I added the "add comment field" item to "ID Tag Processing" twice, once for FLAC and once for LAME. But it doesn't end up adding the tag to the FLAC file.

Larry

moley6knipe
09-13-2008, 06:33 AM
I'm jumping on the end of this as I've got a similar problem.

Ref 13.1
Multi Enc 3
Apple Lossless 8
Lame 3.98
DSP 3

...I've set my ripping profile to allow "Encoded by" and "Encoder" in Options > Metadata > Options > write id tags.

In multi-encoder for both Apple Lossless and lame I've added the ID tag processing DSP and set "Deletions" to "All except" title, artist, album, genre, year, track, album artwork, source, encoded by, encoder, encoder settings.

The resulting mp3s have all of these tags, the Apple Lossless are missing Encoded By.

Can't see that I'm doing anything wrong? Thanks!

moley6knipe
09-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Just tested this: if, under Multi Enc > apple lossless > dsp: ID Tag processing I "Add" a field "Encoded by" with a value of "dBpoweramp Release 13" I get the result i'm after.

Works fine, but when ver 14 comes out I'll need to remember to change it, of course!

Finally, I've gone back through some old files that I ripped with dB and manually added the "Encoded By" field in mp3tag (www.mp3tag.de/en)

In this app all fields (predefined or custom) must be entered as uppercase - when I now mouse-over the files in Win explorer, I see "Encoded By" in the resultant dB pop-up written uppercase whereas when dB adds it, it shows lowercase.

Any way to correct this? Or am I being far too anal retentive for words? ;-)

moley6knipe
09-13-2008, 07:11 AM
Just tested this: if, under Multi Enc > apple lossless > dsp: ID Tag processing I "Add" a field "Encoded by" with a value of "dBpoweramp Release 13" I get the result i'm after.

Ah, I may have spoken too soon! I can see "Encoded By" now on the Win explorer dB pop-up, but not in mp3tag.

That might be an mp3tag problem then?

Spoon
09-13-2008, 07:24 AM
larry,

Right click on a FLAC file >> Edit Tag

Is comment there?

larrytru
09-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Hello,

Yes. I didn't know you can see the tags that way until now. It is there. It just so happens I always use mp3tag to review and edit tags and it does NOT show up there. In fact there are alot of tags which aren't showing up there.

I'll need to figure out what's different about dBpoweramp created FLAC files that have comment tags which doesn't show up in mp3tag and FLAC files I've previously created with EAC which do. There must be something different about how the tag is embedded which causes mp3tag to ignore it.

I oroginally thought it might have something to do with the ID of the tag (comment); like it should be "description" or "DESCRIPTION".

Thx for the info. I think the ball is in my court on this one now. I'll post what I find out. OF course, I'd be happy to hear it if you have any ideas.

Thx,

Larry

Larry

moley6knipe
09-14-2008, 04:13 AM
Ah, same thing with ALAC. Mystery solved.

larrytru
09-15-2008, 12:01 AM
Well, if not solved, at least probably not a dBpoweramp problem. I don't yet understand wht mp3tag isn't displaying those tags.

Mousky
09-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Winamp 5.541 is also not displaying the FLAC tags from tracks ripped with CD ripper.

Mousky
09-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Figured it out.

If the FLAC ID Tagging Tag Creation is set to "ID3v2", Mp3tag and Winamp cannot read the tag information.

If Tag Creation is set to "Vorbis Comments" both Mp3tag and Winamp can read the tag information.