PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent Art Display

maab
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I have been using DB for days now and I am gaining confidence with it.
However, before i proceed with the ripping I like to make sure that I am not missing anything in regard to the album art.

I use Twonky as server and Denon AVP-A1HD as front end to play the FLAC files. All works well but the cover albums are driving me crazy.

Some CDs will properly dispaly while other will not, even that I am using the same settings for all. I re-ripped the CDs that initially did not display and still I had same result. Does anyone know if there is a bug, or incompatibility between twonky and DB? Why some CDs will not display the cover, is there a bug in the keyword, tags numbers, comma or else? I don't know what to think anymore.

Thanks

sjmac
09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Try searching this forum for Twonky and folder.jpg ... from what I have read here in the last couple of days you could

1/ In the folders with the flac files in, is there a file called folder.jpg? Try renaming it to Folder.jpg

2/ If that helps, then in the CD Ripper > Options > Metadata Options > Write Album Art Path change folder.jpg to Folder.jpg

(I guess Folder.jpg should really be the default, so that the filename is *exactly* the same as WMP writes?)

maab
09-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Try searching this forum for Twonky and folder.jpg ... from what I have read here in the last couple of days you could

1/ In the folders with the flac files in, is there a file called folder.jpg? Try renaming it to Folder.jpg

2/ If that helps, then in the CD Ripper > Options > Metadata Options > Write Album Art Path change folder.jpg to Folder.jpg

(I guess Folder.jpg should really be the default, so that the filename is *exactly* the same as WMP writes?)

I forgot to mention that I already set DB to create Folder.jpg. The strange thing is that it works with some, and it doesn't with others. At time the cover atr appears only on selected on few songs in a whole CD.

I suspect that it is a twonky issue, but I am posting here hoping that DB could have a way to bypass these issues.
Thanks for your reply

Spoon
09-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Not sure why twonky does not like certain art files (which are Folder.jpg).

>(I guess Folder.jpg should really be the default, so that the filename is *exactly* the same as WMP writes?)

Good idea.