PDA

View Full Version : Lame.exe and Patent

pedram
08-25-2008, 03:05 AM
Hello , if a person which is individual have a app which can encode with lame.exe (which is free and open source) , and do not include lame.exe in his app and let the end-user to download it separately , Need Patent from www.mp3licensing.com to sell his app ?, what can he do to do not need patent

very thanks , please help me ?:komisch9::blush:

Spoon
08-25-2008, 04:32 AM
If you do not include lame.exe then you have nothing to worry about.

donny
08-25-2008, 05:26 AM
for instance that is how Audicity works with mp3, and thus they remain free of patents

pedram
08-25-2008, 05:32 AM
Very Thanks , You got me and he very happy , but i remmeber that his app is not free and is notopen source and have not any relevance with dbpowerapm and his app can work with mp3 encoder(with lame.exe) if the end-user want to encode to mp3 . For more certitude are you accept this ?( I Will not need to mp3 patent of www.mp3licesning.com)

Sorry for my bad english:D

Very Thanks.

donny
08-26-2008, 08:25 AM
Your second post is very confusing.

Anyway Spoon said that if you do not inlclude lame, or any other mp3 codec in the product itself, then you don't have problems. I gave an example of that approach with Audicity. EAC is another example of this.

pedram
08-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Your second post is very confusing.

Anyway Spoon said that if you do not inlclude lame, or any other mp3 codec in the product itself, then you don't have problems. I gave an example of that approach with Audicity. EAC is another example of this.

thanks you donny, but when i see you use a free app to show me , I thinked You think my software is free or my app is open source and forget that to bold sell word in first post , i mistake that to use lame.exe is free and open source insted of (which is free and open source) in first post , and show you i want to use my app in commercial (sharware license) . anyway very thanks.

thank you , you helping me too , thanks

LtData
08-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Licensing issues would be best taken up with Thompson, they make the final decision anyway.