PDA

View Full Version : File extensions and destinations with dMC File Selector

dsieber
04-30-2002, 03:01 AM
I used File Selector to convert some .APE files to .MP3. After the conversion, the new files were named <file>.ape.mp3.

Not really a bug, I guess, if it was designed this way. But it's wierd. I'd rather have them just be <file>.mp3. If I do a lot of conversions, it's a lot of work to go back and rename them all.

Second, if I select "Same Folder as Original", it duplicates the entire folder tree within the original folder. I tried a couple of conversions, and was shocked to discover this in my directory tree:

F:\music\Artists\E\Evenrude\Superabsorbent\music\A rtists\E\Evenrude\Superabsorbent\music\Artists\E\E venrude\Superabsorbent\music\Artists\E\Evenrude\Su perabsorbent\02 - Transvestite.mp3.mp3.mp3

I think that if you select "Same Folder as Original", it should strip off the path and just put the file by itself in the original folder. This is what dAP does when you right-click a file and choose "Convert To" and select "Same Folder as Original". Also, dAP names the new file correctly, e.g. <file>.mp3 instead of <file>.ape.mp3.

Spoon
04-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Just select drive F: as the output folder and it will go to the right place.

dsieber
04-30-2002, 01:51 PM
Ok, I'll remember to use the specific directory that I want the tree to be put in.

Now -- about that '.mp3.mp3.mp3' business? What's up with that? :-)

Spoon
04-30-2002, 02:06 PM
Ok, it is a confirmed bug the double extensions. I will look at it when I can.