PDA

View Full Version : Naming issue since R13 upgrade

Magnus_CA
07-08-2008, 03:13 AM
My desired naming scheme for box sets is (for example)...

Pink Floyd - The Wall, Disc 1 (1979) - 08 - Empty Spaces .flac

The naming scheme I'm using is...

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album][IFMULTI] Disc [disc][] ([year]) - [track] - [title][]

With this scheme I'm getting this result...

Pink Floyd - The Wall, Disc 1 Disc 1 (1979) - 08 - Empty Spaces .flac

I would like to preserve a similar format for compilations. Single disc CD's should be similar, without the comma and disc number. Those appear to be working correctly, although I haven't been able to test compilations yet. I believe my only problem is the redundant disc number on box sets, but I haven't been able to wrap my brain around how to eliminate that.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Spoon
07-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Remove:

[IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]

from the string (in 2 locations)

Magnus_CA
07-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Remove:

[IFMULTI] Disc [disc][]

from the string (in 2 locations)

Thanks.

That fixed my multi CD naming but it stripped the album name and year from the filename for single disk CD's. It also put the track number out in front for single disc CD's.

Magnus_CA
07-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Also, is there anything I can do to remove the leading space for bands that start with the word "The" i.e., '_Beatles, The'. At both the filename level and root directory?

Spoon
07-09-2008, 04:24 AM
The Ripper has an option to put 'The, ' to the end when ripping.

Use This:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album] ([year]) - [track] - [title][]

Magnus_CA
07-09-2008, 02:31 PM
The Ripper has an option to put 'The, ' to the end when ripping.

Use This:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist] - [title][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [album] ([year]) - [track] - [title][]

I understood you the first time and that's what I used. However, it stripped the album name and year from the filename for single disk CD's. It also put the track number out in front for single disc CD's.