PDA

View Full Version : 2 question from a newbie...

Sauron
04-29-2002, 09:18 AM
I am a newbie with dBPowerAMP, but I have some questions about the program...

1. What is CLI?? Does it make better quality rips, or what you can do with it??

2. The Monkey's Audio codec allows some different opties (fast, normal, high, extra high) does it make any difference in quality or only difference in ripping time??

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Spoon
04-29-2002, 12:02 PM
1. CLI will be used by those who want to use an external compressor, it shouldn't make better quality rips.

2. These settings all give the same quality, normal is fine for most people (it only affects the file size by small percentages).

Sauron
04-29-2002, 12:33 PM
THNX...

But now I have a serieus problem..when I try to encode/decode/rip something, wether it is from a original Audio-CD or a default MP3 file, I get a Windows-error and I can only press Send or Don't Send (I have the Dutch version of WinXP Pro so I don't know how to translate exactly, but most WinXP users will understand I hope)...when I press one of the button the program shuts down (ofcourse)...

What should I do...reinstall, won't do the job...

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Spoon
04-29-2002, 12:59 PM
What are you converting to?

Sauron
04-29-2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Spoon
What are you converting to?

uhm...everything tryed...

like:

MP3 - APE
MP3 -FLAC
CDA - MP3 Lame
CDA - APE
CDA - FLAC

crasht everytime at the same way...

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Unregistered
04-30-2002, 04:17 AM
It goes better now...I reinstalled it again and restarted my system a few times...now I am able to convert...

But it isn't very stable with WinXP, but I hope this will be fixed, because you program is GREAT...

Greetzzz,

Sauron

Spoon
04-30-2002, 01:32 PM
It should be stable in XP, that is what it was written in.