PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when converting FLAC to m4a

iamnicolekidman
05-23-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm going to apologize in advance for not being as technologically literate as a lot of the users in this forum, but I've only been using dMC casually to convert files that I download from torrent programs and have encountered no problems using it up until now.

I'm trying to convert a series of audio files which are currently in FLAC format to the m4a Nero (AAC) format so I can play them with iTunes. Whenever I try to do this, however, it displays the following message:

Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

and hence, I am stuck. I've updated all my codecs to their most recent versions, and have not chosen to enforce a coder profile. I don't know whether or not this could be an issue, but all the files I have previously decoded have been labeled as FLAC lossless, while these are FLAC high definition 24/96.

Once again, I'm sorry if this is coming across as a stupid question, but if you can offer any advice or directions on how to fix this problem, I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks, adrienne

Spoon
05-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Use a DSP effect:

Set Bit Depth to 16
and Resample to 44.1KHz

iamnicolekidman
05-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I tried installing the DSP effects, but even after doing so the option to add any of the effects is greyed out since I don't have the Power Pack (which I'm assuming is one of the pay versions of the program). Is there anything else that I could try?

Spoon
05-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Only the DSP effects.

iamnicolekidman
05-23-2008, 06:36 PM
Hmm, now I remember... 24/96 is typically used for DVD audio files, right? I think I understand what the problem was now! In any case, the source that I downloaded this from also offers the files in normal FLAC format, so I'm assuming once I download those I'll be able to use dMC as I was before.

Thanks so for your help