PDA

View Full Version : Batch ripping

sredmyer
05-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Can anyone confirem if the Powerfile R200 can be used with this software to do batch CD ripping? I have nearly 2000 CDs that I need to rip. I was looking for a batch solution which would allow me to load up several (200 with this device) CDs start the ripping process and walk away. The software would handle switching from one CD to the next, gathering meta data on the CD and write the tags, save a copy of the cover art, rip the tracks and finally verify the quality of the rip and report on problems.

Will this device work? Can anybody walk me through the process of doing it?

Thanks,
Steve

Spoon
05-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, you need the 'Media Changers (such as Sony XL1Bx):' driver.

sredmyer
05-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Where can I find these drivers...will the drivers for the Sony XL1Bx work for the Powerfile R200

LtData
05-13-2008, 06:39 PM
See item *3 on this post from the beta forum: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=13597

sredmyer
06-29-2008, 10:29 AM
Ok I have purchased and downloaded the Reference package (and the Batch Ripper) as well as the required loader application and it all seems to work...sort of. I suspect I am just not doing something right but I can not get the software to use both drives of the Powerfile at the same time.

What I mean is this; The Powerfile has two disc drives and I would like to use both at the same time to shorten the total time required to rip. I have tried using both drives individually and they each work fine with this software. However when I try to use both at the same time one will always fail on every disc with this error "No Disc After Load". Also I do not know how the software manages the disc loading so that once a disc is ripped in drive 1 that disc will not be later loaded into drive 2 and ripped again. Which brings me to my next points/questions, how can I tell what slot has been loaded into a drive? How does the device determine what slot to load next…does the software just load the slots in sequence (ie. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5…etc.).

Another issue is, I have configured both drives of my unit and created an AccurateRip offset for each. However when I first open up the Batch Ripper software, the drives are listed with the message “Drive Different to Configured Drive” in red text. However once the drive has been used a bit the message is changed to “Medium Changer” and it is no longer red.

On a separate note, I was wondering if there are any features within the Batch Ripper to allow the user to control the device (ie. load\unload or mount\unmount specific discs from specific slots).

Thanks,
Steve

Spoon
06-30-2008, 04:36 PM
We wrote that driver on a Sony unit with only 1 drive, so realistically 1 drive on these power loaders is all I am able to certify.

bhoar
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
We wrote that driver on a Sony unit with only 1 drive, so realistically 1 drive on these power loaders is all I am able to certify.

So, the changer code will probably only work for one driver per changer, right?

-brendan

Spoon
07-01-2008, 06:16 AM
Yes

sredmyer
07-01-2008, 12:16 PM

Are there any plans to support the both drives of the Powerfile in the future?

What about providing the user the ability to specify which slots to load/rip and the order in which they are done?

greaseman
07-01-2008, 01:30 PM
<edited: Spam>

sredmyer
07-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes I have seen that software and although it appears to work well I think AccurateRip and Ultra Secure rip mode are important features and as far as I know they are not offered by Double Century.

Spoon
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Greasemans links were removed as the company linked to posted the link, our forum does not allow this kind of spam.

sredmyer
07-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Greasemans links were removed as the company linked to posted the link, our forum does not allow this kind of spam.

Sorry to have, albeit unknowingly, contributed to spam.