PDA

View Full Version : How can I retrieve the ripper-generated DiscID?

dingfod
05-12-2008, 12:45 AM
I've searched the forum for the DiscID threads and couldn't find an answer. I've googled around to find apps that will generate a DiscID, but the couple I found requre APSI to be installed. I feel like this should be pitifully simple, but how can I tell what DiscID the ripper has generated? I want to be able to take that ID and search at freedb.org for the same album. Yes, I know the ripper will search freedb. I'm hooked up to the MusicBrainz database, though, which lacks some of these discs.

This is easy, right?

Spoon
05-12-2008, 04:08 AM
You could try R13 which includes MusicBrainz.

It is possible to write the freedb disc ID to the ID tags (under options >> meta).

dingfod
05-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the response, Spoon. Is there a way to get the DiscID without ripping a track?

With respect to R13, is there a way to register it so that I can use Secure Rip? I'm a registered Reference R12 user. Also, when R13 prompted me to uninstall R12 I declined and instead provided an alternate directory to install R13. Was this a bad choice?

I had exported the registry portion with all my settings before any of this so at least I have all that info.

Spoon
05-13-2008, 04:02 AM
Install registered R12, install R13 beta over the top, when asked to uninstall select no.

dingfod
05-13-2008, 09:23 AM
OK, I assume that besides selecting "no" to uninstall R12 that I also need to install R13 in the same directory as R12. I'll try that.

Is there a way to get the DiscID without ripping a track?

Spoon
05-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Not with dBpoweramp (get discid before ripping)