PDA

View Full Version : How do I rip a hidden track?

stealle
05-10-2008, 10:55 AM
I am trying to rip the CD by Limp Bizkit "three dollar bill yall". I found on wikipedia that it has a hidden track that is somehow nestled in between tracks 9 and 10. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Dollar_Bill,_Yall$

My Samsung SH-203B is HTOA capable drive. I am using R13. Is there a way to enable something or disabled something in R13 to rip hidden tracks such as this?

Thanks!

Teknojnky
05-10-2008, 12:10 PM
HTOA is Hidden Track ONE Audio = Pre-gap audio before the first normal track. R13 displays this as track zero when you have a cd with HTOA.

I don't know and wiki does not specify if that is a pre-gap track or not, but it is not track one. The audio should already be appended before or after Faith depending on where exactly it is.

more info on pre-gap

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pregap*Albums_with_tracks_hidden_in_the_pregap

frittenfred
11-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi,

(I hope I got your question right)
- as far as I know, ripping hidden tracks is rather a question of the proper software than of the hardware: The only software I know to be capable of this is the freeware 'Exact Audio Copy' ('EAC').
It provides the function 'Copy RANGE'. After starting it, you can select the time range into which the hidden track has been put, and then extract the track as a wave file (and if you want, have it compressed immediately after). You find the software here:
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

B.t.w., I noticed that some disk drives and/or machine configurations can cause problems: After performing the ripping on my laptop, the tracks always included undesired, small pauses. On the desktop, in contrast, all tracks are perfect.

Cheers,
r

Spoon
11-09-2008, 05:23 AM
No, it is a requirement of both Hardware and CD Ripper.

dBpoweramp will automatically detect a HTOA and offer to rip it (no manual selecting ranges).

hardcoreprawn
11-09-2008, 02:20 PM
The track in quest is the little break down post Faith, starts with "Am I freak..". Its picked up as the end of faith. Mechanically, its not a hidden track, merely an audio chunk appended to an other track.. Some kind of parasite track I guess :)

Fore
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Like to reopen this. Same problem on Sarah McLachlan FreedomSessions where's this hidden track 4 mins after song 10 ended. Any way to get that track ripped?

Spoon
06-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Hidden tracks at the end of the disc tend to be a part of the last track, there is just silence between it and the last advertised track.

Fore
06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Oh, you're right, I didn't noitce the last track was over 9 mins. Thanks for the clarification Spoon!

Fore
06-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Spoon, one other related issue, the first track on The Freedom Sessions is a CDROM, not music. So when I ripped it, it skips the CDROM first track, but then names the second track 'DAta' instead of the correct 2nd songs name. And it continues the entire album so that track 9, the final track, has the name of track 8 on it. Is there a way of going about this? I know it's not the only cd with a CDROM track on it.

Thanks!
Chris

Spoon
06-24-2010, 04:17 AM
Typically these discs are submitted to freedb wrongly.

eaglescout1998
06-24-2010, 05:25 AM
Hidden tracks at the end of the disc tend to be a part of the last track, there is just silence between it and the last advertised track.

I hate this sort of thing. Thankfully, the sound finder in the Audacity beta makes it easier to separate the silence. It's not an exact science though.