PDA

View Full Version : TrueSpeech using DMCSCRIPTINGLib

saisanthan
05-08-2008, 03:40 PM
I am trying to convert a compressed voice file (in TrueSpeech format) to an uncompressed format (PCM) and also do the reverse. I have added the DMCSCRIPTINGLib dll to my C* project.

I am not sure what parameters I need to pass to the ConverterClass.Convert function to achieve this conversion. When using the GUI application I picked uncompressed option and left the other drop downs to be "Same as source". I am not sure how I can do this programmatically. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

LtData
05-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Have you read over this: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm ?

saisanthan
05-09-2008, 12:28 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did go over the instructions in the link.

public virtual void Convert(string FileFrom, string FileTo, string Compression, string CompressionSettings, string ErrorFile);

This is the method I am trying to use. I can easily pass the FileFrom, FileTo and ErrorFile parameters. As for the compression I use "Wave" (since I want uncompressed PCM). What do I use for the CompressionSettings parameter if I want to do the equivalent of choosing the uncompressed radio button, in the GUI, programmatically.

Spoon
05-09-2008, 04:09 AM
Pass a blank string.

saisanthan
05-09-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks a lot. That worked. I tried the same for the reverse conversion but it did not work.

This was the method I used

ConverterClass.convert(sourceFile, destFile, "DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM)", "", "");

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

FYI, When using the GUI I select the compressed radio button and then I choose "DSP Group TrueSpeech(TM)" format. There is only one attribute
(8.000 KHz, 1 Bit, Mono) in the drop down, so I choose that. The conversion works perfectly.

Thanks again

Spoon
05-09-2008, 04:20 PM
There is no such dBpoweramp codec as DSP Group.... the real codec is wave and you would have to pass the command line settings dbpoweramp stores (it is binary encode for compressed wave codecs), look in the HKCU\Software\Illustrate\ registry for the correct settings (after setting wave to that).