PDA

View Full Version : Batch Converting FLAC to MP3: Can I take the album art too?

stealle
05-08-2008, 09:53 AM
I am using R13 Batch Convert to convert multiple FLAC files to MP3. I notice my embedded album art is retained, but I was hoping the album art jpegs would be copied over to the new MP3 folders as well. All of my jpegs, text files, and some M3U files are left behind.

Is it possible to have batch convert nnot only convert the FLACS to MP3s, but also take everything else in the folders and copy them over to the new folders?

I'm trying to avoid going through about 200 FLAC folders to copy and paste all of these folder.jpg files etc. to there corresponding MP3 folders.

Please help!

Wayne
05-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Unfortunately at the moment the Batch converter doesn't handle the folder.jpg files.

Spoon
05-08-2008, 03:20 PM
You can use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect, enable the input folder.jpg and export folder.jpg options.

stealle
05-08-2008, 03:57 PM
You can use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect, enable the input folder.jpg and export folder.jpg options.

Excellent, thanks!

BTW, does it matter if album art is called "folder.jpg" or "cover.jpg"? I assume that some utilities prefer one over the other. Is it possible to have it make both a folder and cover .jpg? If not, what is most commonly used, folder or cover?

LtData
05-08-2008, 07:57 PM
You can specify whether dMC imports/exports to folder.jpg or cover.jpg or a custom name you have. I believe folder.jpg is commonly used as Windows automatically uses it for folder art when you are viewing the folder in windows explorer