PDA

View Full Version : Replygain

funkyblue
04-26-2008, 02:39 AM
Hello,

Just wondering how I can get dBpoweramp CD Ripper to scan and apply replaygain tags as it rips the cd?

Cheers

Porcus
04-26-2008, 06:07 AM
Just wondering how I can get dBpoweramp CD Ripper to scan and apply replaygain tags as it rips the cd?

I don't think that you can add album gain -- it seems to me that it does not do any further processing to Track n after having started to rip Track n+1, and you need all to calculate album gain.

But for track gain: use the DSP tab (to the right of the path names at the bottom section of the window) and add RG.

garym
04-26-2008, 08:35 AM
No, you can add track & Album gain as part of ripping process. I do it all the time. Just select replaygain as one of the DSPs in the CD Ripper. It won't add the album info until all tracks are ripped and when it is "finalizing" the rip it is actually adding the album gain info. If you look at a ripped track before it is finished, you'll see only track gain. If you wait until all tracks are ripped, you'll see the album gain too.

NOTE: If you "rerip" only certain tracks after initially ripping all the tracks (i.e., rerip insecure tracks), you'll end up with a different album replaygain value for the reripped tracks. So in this case you'll need to apply replaygain to the ripped tracks again (using music converter) to get the correct album gain on all tracks.

funkyblue
04-26-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone. Track Gain was what I was looking for!