PDA

View Full Version : Encoder hangs 99%, and Ultra Secure grayed out

richidoo
04-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I just bought Reference 12.4. I have three questions

1. Why does the encoder hang at 99% for 10 seconds+ on some CDs and finished encoding (to flac) immediately on others? This happens even in burst mode with AR disabled. Is there a way to make the ripper fly through the CD asap for CDs that I don't care about the quality?

2. Why are my Ultra Secure settings grayed out? Since most of my discs are not in AR, I think I need Ultra Secure.

3. The AR database is built on user submissions, right? So CDs that are a miss for me will be available for next person after I submit my results?
Thanks
Rich

richidoo
04-22-2008, 04:36 PM
I did buy Reference 12, so ultra should be active. My config says dbPowreamp Music Converter Reease 12.4, nothing about reference version.
Thanks

haibane
04-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you got powerpack instead of reference. As for your question about flying through cds that you don't care about there is a new feature on R13 that alwos that.

Teknojnky
04-22-2008, 05:02 PM
If you have verify encoding and/or replay gain dsp, there is a short delay while verifying and/or calculating the album gains. This delay seems to be mostly dependent on how fast or busy your hard drive is (its read/writing to disc).

Spoon
04-22-2008, 05:20 PM
After you submit AccurateRip results, and when the database is reconstructed, yes your results will be there for others.

Visit here:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/registration/

To install the correct version.

richidoo
04-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I downloaded the correct version, ultra is working now, ripping two tracks at once so faster than before. I did not install corectly first time, just overwrote the trial version without the reboots the installer asked for and that didn't allow the Ref. version to take.

I don't have verify or any DSP effects enabled. No other processes running. I think it might be the AR server is loaded down during peak times, or web traffic in general. Seems much faster tonight.

Is R13 in beta yet?

Thanks for the advice, this is a great program!!
Rich

Teknojnky
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
AR submission is a separate pop up submit form. You can manually submit it in the options, or it will pop up after a rip after however many days you have set. It shouldn't have any affect on 'freeze ups' (at least as far as I have ever seen).

LtData
04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
R13 is in alpha but perfectly stable. See the link below in my signature.

richidoo
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the link to R13. Can't wait to try it.

I upgraded flac to 1.2.1, bingo. No more delay at end of decoding. The rip to flac really flies now. woooohoooooo!! Nice job Mr. Spoon

Rich