PDA

View Full Version : Pop up Info prevents .mp4 files been deleted.

webbmeister
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
This is a strange one....

If I have Pop Up Information Tips Enabled I am unable to delete files with a .mp4 file extention. If I delete the files they are move to my recycle bin and the file dissapears. 2-3 Seconds later the file reappears this time with zero file size. If i delete this file, the same happens.

The only way i can delete the file is either by deleting is from a command prompt, or by disabling pop up information tags (which I don't want to do, as I find them useful)

I am using the latest version of dbREF (12.4)

Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Paul.

matt_t
04-23-2008, 02:23 AM
Another member of the club:

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=16455

I have emailed Nero about this, because I think this is where the bug is (i.e. their encoder) having also seen this problem using Foobar.

webbmeister
04-23-2008, 06:11 AM
Thanz for the link, but I don't have NERO installed. Like I say, this only happens when I have the PopupInfo feature enabled in Poweramp. Switch this off & I can delete files again.

matt_t
04-23-2008, 06:30 AM
Maybe it's not Nero then. Glad it's not me who has to find out... !

LtData
04-23-2008, 08:27 AM
webbmeister: matt_t is referring to the neo encoder used for m4a/mp4 files by dMC. However, if you are trying to delete files that were encoded at an earlier time, then it is not related to Nero.

Spoon
04-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I have noted it down to look at when we next change the m4a codec (not a huge way off).

Plutox
05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I too suffer from this one, but can add more information. First, it has nothing to do with the actual audio codec as I create my M4A files with Winamp which uses the Coding Technologies codec. Sadly, my Pioneer car player does not like files made by the Nero Digital codec at all (anybody know why?).

The zero-byte-file-which-cannot-be-deleted problem appears related to the means by which tag data is shown when you hover the mouse over a music file (?GetPopUpInfo.exe). I 'cured' the problem by removing the M4A file type from the main list of associations and re-adding it (associating that type with Winamp, which I use as my usual player). However, this rather threw the baby out with the bath water as it destroyed the nice functionality provided by GetPopUpInfo.exe. So I reinstalled dBPowerAMP's M4A codec (version 8 from the beta area). Back came the tag data display, and back came the 0 byte file that won't go away.

I would classify this as quite a serious issue because this behaviour bears a striking similarity to the way some viruses work.