PDA

View Full Version : Is burst mode enough if CD shows up in AR?

Nubben
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Or should I go with secure? I have set it up with C2 pointers, and ultra-secure 2 - 6 - 2.

I mean as long as the CRC's match in burs mode the rip is ok right? So the point of doing a secure on top of the AR is like two condoms?

Nubben

Teknojnky
04-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Generally sure. This is what happens anyway if your in secure modes as long as you got a good AR match. If it matched accurate rip, then your rip agreed with however many other people are indicated in the (), and the odds of that many people having the exact same errors (aside from possible mastering errors) is pretty slim.

I just leave ultrasecure 1 - 10 - 2 on, which is used for discs not in AR.

Nubben
04-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Teknojnky - thanks.

Although I can't seem to get my head around this: I also leave ultra secure 2-6-2 on but even though a CD appears in AR it still rips in secure mode - that is 1 pass - ultra secure (1) + (2) (and then encodes to - in my case AIFFs).

Or wait, maybe I have answered my own Q - if I set the ultra secure value to 1-6-1 (instead of 2-6-2) - it rips it once if agreed in AR and moves on to the next track? If left at 2-6-2 it will still rip a minimum of 2 times even though the CD appears in AR...

Teknojnky
04-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Hmm, well I don't remember if older behavior was the same or not, but the current r13 behavior, if your first pass matches accurate rip then there is only one pass done. I just did a quick re-rip 1 track and this is the behavior, it does not matter what ultra secure is set at.

LtData
04-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Nubben: When it gets 2 matching Ultra-Secure rips, it stops ripping, as per your settings.

Nubben
04-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Thanks!

PS. can confirm the behaviour in R12 is the same. If CD shows up in AR with matching CRC's it will only rip one pass. If not, it will rip according to the minimum setting used - eg. 1-10-2 or 26-2 until a good rip is achieved.