PDA

View Full Version : Having Trouble Installing m4a & mp4 & Apple Lossless

hollyb85
04-14-2008, 04:16 PM
I downloaded it and am following instructions on the page:

Installation Instructions: (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm)

1) download the Nero codec Zip package from:

http://www.nero.com/nerodigital/eng/Nero_Digital_Audio.html

2) Open the zip file (by double clicking on it) and open the folder win32, select neroAacEnc and copy (Edit menu >> Copy). Open a new explorer window, it is important the old zip window is left open (press Windows Key + E) and browse to:

C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\

In the above folder select (Edit menu >> Paste). After extracting the following files should be present in the above folder:

encoder Text Document
mp4creator Application
Nero Bitmap Image
neroAacEnc Application
toaac Windows Batch File

When I move "neroAacEnc" into the "C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\" folder, nothing happens. I right click and find no option to extract files... What am I doing wrong here? :o

LtData
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
If you have the neroAacEnc in that folder, then you are done.

hollyb85
04-14-2008, 08:00 PM
still not working..when I go to convert something that is AAC to MP3 is says:

Error converting to mp3 (Lame), 'C:\Documents and Settings\Holly\My Documents\Downloads\Stop Making Sense\09 Take Me To The River.m4a' to 'C:\Documents and Settings\Holly\My Documents\Downloads\Stop Making Sense\09 Take Me To The River.mp3'
Error: Unable to load decoder for file type '.m4a', codec not installed? visit 'Codec Central'. [dBCoreConverter::dBCoreConverter]

LtData
04-14-2008, 09:39 PM
So you installed the dMC m4a codec and moved the neroAacEnc.exe file to the location specified and you get that error?

Spoon
04-15-2008, 04:05 AM
[quote]C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\[quote]

This folder is wrong, you have to put it in the encoder\m4a (Nero) folder

vance43211
04-15-2008, 10:56 PM
[quote]C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\AAC (Advanced Audio Compression)\[quote]

This folder is wrong, you have to put it in the encoder\m4a (Nero) folder

yeah. you can just extract that nero file and do a simple copy and paste withneroAacEnc.exe