PDA

View Full Version : No album folder?

uglijimus
04-14-2008, 08:49 AM
Whenever I rip a CD, it always creates a folder for the artist automatically which is good, but it never creates a folder for the album. (like Windows Media player does). It's really not too much of a big deal as I can always create a folder to put the flac file in, but I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

thanks

Wayne
04-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Check out the bottom left hand side of the CD Ripper Window and the Naming field just under the Path field.

uglijimus
04-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Mine is set at Dynamic Artist Folder. I tried selecting different elements, but I actually got rid of any folders coming out at all!? What should I do to get both folders (the artist folder AND the album folder within that?

garym
04-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Try copying this into the naming convention on the bottom left of ripper screen. the "path" just above it should be where you want all your subdirectories to reside (the parent directory). Mine is D:\FLAC\

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][]

What this will get you is:

Non compilations:

D:/FLAC/artist/album/track*-title
or
D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 1/track*-title
D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 2/track*-title

For compilation disks:

D:/FLAC/compilations/album/track*-title
or
D:/FLAC/compilations/album/disc 1/track*-title

uglijimus
04-14-2008, 10:34 PM
thanks garym, worked like a charm!!

garym
04-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Also, when I convert from FLAC to mp3 using the music converter or batch converter program, I use the following in the dynamic output location with the top folder now being set as D:\MP3. This way, my mp3 files are organized in exactly the same manner as my original FLAC files.

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][]

vance43211
04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Try copying this into the naming convention on the bottom left of ripper screen. the "path" just above it should be where you want all your subdirectories to reside (the parent directory). Mine is D:\FLAC\

[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][]

What this will get you is:

Non compilations:

D:/FLAC/artist/album/track*-title
or
D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 1/track*-title
D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 2/track*-title

For compilation disks:

D:/FLAC/compilations/album/track*-title
or
D:/FLAC/compilations/album/disc 1/track*-title

this should be the default setting. most media player are recognize the first cover.jpg as album art so you will get the wrong picture when you rip multiple albums in the same folder.

the ipod does the same thing. I'm not trippin though. wrong album art is better than none