PDA

View Full Version : Configuration of Flac File Tagging

ikrananka
04-10-2008, 05:12 PM
I've just started a to use DBPA to rip my CDs to flac. I have some questions around how to configure tagging in the flac files:

1. Track numbers are tagged by default as, for example, 1/9 for say track one of nine in an album. Now I want my track tagging to be in the format of 01, i.e. two digits (with a leading zero where required) and no track total for the album. Is this possible?

2. Again by default, DBPA adds various accurate rip tags and a Rating tag - I don't want these - is it possible to stop DBPA creating them?

3. Is it possible to change the "Album Artist" tag field title to "Ensemble". Ensemble is read and written by Tag&Rename?

4. Is it possible to turn on/off the embedding of album art in the flac files?

Thanks for any help.

Teknojnky
04-10-2008, 05:39 PM
I've just started a to use DBPA to rip my CDs to flac. I have some questions around how to configure tagging in the flac files:

1. Track numbers are tagged by default as, for example, 1/9 for say track one of nine in an album. Now I want my track tagging to be in the format of 01, i.e. two digits (with a leading zero where required) and no track total for the album. Is this possible?

in the options > id tags & metadata you can set this.

2. Again by default, DBPA adds various accurate rip tags and a Rating tag - I don't want these - is it possible to stop DBPA creating them?

Hmm, I don't think, I've never wanted to as this seems like important information to keep.

3. Is it possible to change the "Album Artist" tag field title to "Ensemble". Ensemble is read and written by Tag&Rename?

duno, I think tag mapping is coming in future versions of r13, so perhaps not now but in the future you will be able to map to different field names.

4. Is it possible to turn on/off the embedding of album art in the flac files?

as far as I know, it does not embed unless you used one of the dsp plugins to do so, it simply stores it as the folder.jpg or whatever you have chosen in the options.

I believe you can set the album art size to [none] to disable it altogether.

edit: with the tag processing dsp you can do quite a few advanced things like mapping etc (using r13 beta anyway).

LtData
04-10-2008, 08:07 PM
2. Yes, in the Options --> ID Tags & Meta-data section, uncheck the tags you do not want.
3. If you use the ID Tag Processing DSP effect and go to the Map tab and map "Album Artist" to "Ensemble", yes.
4. Yes, in the ID tag & Meta-data section mentioned above, uncheck album art.